Skip to main content
Topic: Questions about bar numbers, staff labels, and page setup (Read 3686 times) previous topic - next topic

Questions about bar numbers, staff labels, and page setup

When writing a composition from blank templet for several instruments how does insert the bar number?

Bar numbers however appears automatically when using the Song templet...

When looking at normal orchestral scored one can find the labelling of individual instrument at begining of the piece. I can only lable each staves instrumental patch numbers... How can I label each staves with words?

am writting a piece of music with, 1 Oboe, 1 Clarinet, 2 Violin and a piano.

The Piano part is at the bottom of all other parts.

I would like to bracket the piano section (right hand and the left hand) like it is meant to be one instrument... How shall I go about doing this?

Re: Questions about bar numbers, staff labels, and page setup

Reply #1
>bar number?

Bar numbers can be added automatically at the start of an NWC system by enabling the Measure Numbers option from File, Page Setup, Options.

>labels

While you are in Page Setup, take a look at the Staff Labels option, which can be used to have the name of each staff appear in front of the staff.

>grand staff bracing

This is done from Staff Properties. On the upper staff, press F2 (or Staff, Staff Properties), Visual tab, then change Style to Upper Grand Staff. Do the same thing for the second staff, but using a Lower Grand Staff style.

Re: Questions about bar numbers, staff labels, and page setup

Reply #3
Also, to label each stave, (with the cursor on the stave you wish to label) Right Click and choose Staff Properties/General and type in the name you wish. You will not see the name on the editing screen, but it will show in print preview if you have set up the page as Noteworthy Online suggests.