Skip to main content
Topic: drumline music downloads? (Read 54941 times) previous topic - next topic

drumline music downloads?

Hey,
I m in a high school drumline, and I need to write some music for our drumline. What download is best for writing drumline music?

thanks,
Mike

Re: drumline music downloads?

Reply #1
I downloaded a program called DrumFlow online, it's free and seems to have the capabilities to turn entirely drum-composed songs into MIDI format, I believe.. I never had enough time to learn how to use the program to its entirety, but it at least lists out all the drum sounds you have on your sound card.
It might help, give it a shot.

-Grim.

Reply #2
Or, if your wanting to make a cadence just take little parts of other ones and see how it sounds...or take time to write your own...

Reply #3
i just searched in google for drum cadence writing program and got this... thanks for the drumflow suggestion.... MHS?

midview high school???!!!
cant be

Reply #4
I'm writing to ask anybody wher I can get more snare and percussion cadences from so our drumline can stop playing the same thing over and over

p.s i also need some more solos, what site can I download  DrumFlow from

Reply #5
i found you

Reply #6
if you could all help me i need some drum lime music

Reply #7
and i need some drum lemon music

Reply #8
Hey whats going on i need a little help makeing cadences for my squad im a junior at north gaston highschool in dallas north gaston this is my second year marching tenors i really enjoy them but i want to produce my own cadences i want a little more exposure with the players and the stands and our parades are always cramed with spectators and we play the same lame cadences every year im so sick of playin ng shuffle,89,lostboys and crazy 8's heres my email address GasHousePimp@hotmail.com

Reply #9
A junior in high school, huh?
I think your English teacher is not getting through to you...

Reply #10
"Tsk, tsk," you're stuck in a different generation.  Language evolves, and "computerspeak" is not overly concerned with grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, etc.  It's concerned with effective and quick communication.  It even affects you, since you didn't capitalize the second part of your handle.

Get over it. (grin)

Reply #11
Just out of interest: a Cadence to me is Perfect or Interrupted etc. Does it have a different meaning in the context of this thread.

Reply #12
I would guess that "cadences" means "melodies," or myabe "riffs," in this context.

as for the grammer i woodn woryy bout is cuz i get them in kolledge 2 and B lieve me its the same thing and if i say sumthin im vialatin there culture n the englitch dept gets on my case cuz i dont like no cultral diversitey or sumthin n its all my fault

Reply #13
It's concerned with effective and quick communication.
How can it possibly be "effective and quick" if I have to slow down to figure out what it says?
Of course language evolves, but it should evolve for the better, not because people are lazy or apathetic.
People who keep saying "Get over it" are major contributors to the decline (not evolution) of the language.

And why should "Tsk, tsk" capitalize the second part of his/her "handle?"
It isn't a handle at all.

Reply #14
St.petersburg high school drumline
(Devils thunder) will put any drum section on hush

ask,
Bogie

Reply #15
Well I just found this site by fault, but I like it; I promise this won't be the last time I come to this site. I do have one thing to ask: Shouldn't you be less worried about English and more worried about the language of music? I noticed a couple of questions that my not have been answered with anything important, rather, the reply was some sarcastic comment made by folks who themselves have no clue what they're talking about. We're not perfect, none of us! So anyway, I am a high school junior, form Harrisonville, MO. I play the snare drum for a, well, relatively good drumline; however, we have rivals, Warrensburg High(MO), that we cannot seem to beat. We have the will, we just don't know the way. I need to know where I can get some software(user friendly) that I may download to help. We want to have a variety of Cadences to choose from; we already have the best high school cadence in our area, not to brag, but after so many years they lose their kick. We want to make a name for ourselves again, and around here that is pretty well done mainly by cadences, well, and the drum feature competition, but we are having a guy come from the Madison Scouts to help out with that.
Anyway, so what I'm getting at is: Are there any more programs than DrumFlow, I like a variety. Oh, and if there is any more advice, well that would be great.

Reply #16
HEY I here you guys talking about Drum Flow but where can i find it online? and can you print stuff from this drum flow as sheet music? thanks

Reply #17
here?
Don't you mean hear?

Reply #18
It's amazing what you can find using a search engine!

One word, then enter, then results.  This is the first one that came up for "drumflow".

It looks like the one you want.

http://tnikolai.nm.ru/drumflow.html

Reply #19
Hey is there a program that can make music and listin to it and print it off like sheet music? thanks

Reply #20
Ummm, have you tried NoteWorthy Composer?

Reply #21
Yes but how do ou get that to work? i want something like drumflow and make it on your computer but you can print it off like sheet music. thanks

Reply #22
Import (open) the midi file created with drumflow.  Print.

Reply #23
Hey i have drumflow on my computer but there is no print botton.

Reply #24
I meant you can create the midi file in Drumflow, then save it and close it.  Open it in NWC, edit it if necessary, save it and then print using NWC before closing the file.

By the way, I haven't worked with Drumflow, but the Drumflow page indicates you can save the midi.  I've imported midi files into NWC many times, so I know it works.

Reply #25
how do you make it into a midi file

Reply #26
In NWC you can create a midi file by using the SaveAs feature.  That isn't what you're asking, though.

See if you can find your answer in the responses above (I think it's right there, waiting for you), and if you don't get the info you need there, check out the User Tips, accessed from the home page of this site.

Reply #27
I need some tips on tightening the snares on my concert snare drum. I've already tried tightening it with the knob on the side plus i tried taking the head off n tightening it on the inside. If u have any ideas 4 me at all my e-mail is lhsbestbass@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Reply #28
I am drumline captain of my school's drumline and i need a program that i can put precise notes in , not like drumflow

Reply #29
Why is it when i try to playback my drumflow creations i never get any sound?  I've read all the support at the site but it doesn't help at all.  I've already picked out my MIDI device and can sample the sounds when i choose them but can't play the actual music back.  Why?

Reply #30
I need cadences some with really cool tenor parts please help A.S.A.P!!!!

Reply #31
Ive heard about a program that you type in a song name and it will bring up a drum cadence for that song. Does anyone know what this program is called. Please email me aliens611@yahoo.com thanks

Reply #32
Hahahahahahahahahahaha... how old is that post bout st.pete drumline puting any other on hush? lol i guess you forgot the parade u abandoned our challenge after u heard our bass line warm up lol... 6's really that scary?  hahaha

-Ricky

Reply #33
Hey to all! From Texas, Marching snare! Any body who needs to write a small drum cadence can download a version of finale note pad, it's not bad!

Reply #34
Any body who abandons a challenge should be  ! Last saturday Kempner High School tore up Bush Highschool! soo bad that they started playing split parts to accent tap back and thought we didn't notice.

Reply #35
Has any body heard Double beat, man that is freakin awesome!Does anybody know that knew software program that lets you send in your music and has the Cavaliers play it back to you!

Reply #36
To brian West,
Even though I'm a sophmore from Texas listen to my advice,
Find Cherrio By Blue Coats It's Great

Reply #37
I JUST WANT A ONE PAGE DRUM CADANCE

Reply #38
iam in a drumlinr in our school and i need some new cadences because we do not have anything new to play.

Reply #40
hey i need some very cool cadences for drumline if you know of any websites that have cadences let me know write to twins1@juno.com

Reply #41
First off, all yall who talkin about needing new cadences for your drumline need to chill. Be creative and write your own candeces to have some originality. If not, then take College level candeces and rewrite them for your high school drumline (i.e. Iowa State-Sticks and Swings, UCLA-UCLA Candence, MSU-The Series, ect.). There are lots of cadences out there that can be rewritten and still sound the same. Our drumline plays Ants, part of the MSU series, Sticks and Swings, and UCLA along with our original sequence. Last year, we had our own version of the famous Electric Wheelchair which wasn't half bad. So just take the time and think of different beats and grooves that you can throw together. Theres no telling what you can come up with.

Second, for those of you looking for a program, I never used DrumFlow before but I know for good fact that NoteWorthy is nothing compared to the power of Finale 2004 especially when you have Virtual Drumline. If you guys want some good programs goto www.tapspace.com

Third, aint none of yall cadences better than Battle Creek Central's for those who like to brag :)

Reply #42
theyre hard to find. could someone post an online adress or something? Our line needs a little help with new cadences and stuss.

Reply #43
I'm not so sure of college cadences but you can find some pretty complicated drum corp cadences at www.geocities.com/drumz_006/sheetmusicportal.html they might be a little complicated but take your time they really aren't that hard.

Reply #44
Hey i was wondering if any of ya'll could help me find some tight stand beats for our football games. Our crowd is dead.
Thanks,
taylor

Reply #45
I have a crapload of cadences that people from our DL wrote that we never play cuz we suck. I have 3 of my own anyone can use if u want, but any of the others I would have to get permission. I also have the UCLA drum cadence and our high school cadence.

Here's the titles:
KMC - Kevin Davis
DMC - Brad Lindsley
Racket - Brad Lindsley
Hopscotch - Brad Lindsley
Ode to Mah Mah Nasty (snare solio; bass and cymbals missing)- Nathan Miller
Whale 2.0 - Mike Morrison
UCLA cadence - ?
SeiZmC - Melissa Bucholz
Rudimentry cadence - Melissa Bucholz
Roundabout (snare solio)- Melissa Bucholz

The last three are mine
Any Q's?: salinedrumline@yahoo.com

Reply #46
Ahhm, yes, also to the people who brag about playing MSU stuff and UCLA stuff... so does every other drumline. It would take to long to start naming them.

Saline members WRITE THEIR OWN

:)

lol

'Tis OK. We still are impressed with the same ol' same ol' from every drumline if you play it musically, match stick height, add your own flavor to it, are good at crab stepping, play together, blend well, ect.

Reply #47
Hey you all want some tight drumline music talk to me i got the good stuff.  our drumline is one of the best in the state. we are amazing and im noit just saying that because im part of it i just think its awesome and no drumline should go with out it. we got the great stuff if u got one good snare player and one good quad player your set and if u get it now and u dont have any good players u can learn it for next season respond soon to get it early. all these other poeple are lying to you we got the stuff that makes the fans go home and say the drumline was the best part of the game even if your team won.  talk to me back. im telling you. we got it. i have allrady taught 2 high schools this stuff and they are so good their attendance has imoprved the week after they performed. im tellibng you people respond to this. especially when u march down the street with stuff and u have the whole bleachers dancing and saying holy crud these guys are amazing yes we are amazing we are as good as the cavilers.

Reply #48
Hey guys...i just want all of u to know.,..people in our town are all about the band...our drum techs think we are one of the best in the nation...they know what they are talkin about...they have instructed DCI drumlines for many years and they came to instruct us...they think we are as good as the blue devils...o ya...but i mean...i would like to have a new street beat...we havent changed ours for a while...we are playing A.L.B.O.L. which stands for " a lil bit of luv"  it gets kinda old...so i was wondering...since we have the capabilities, can we get a cadence? hook us up...email me...  reaper_daniel@hotmail.com

Reply #49
What is a snare solio (in Reply 45)?