Skip to main content
Topic: Slurring staffs together (Read 3532 times) previous topic - next topic

Slurring staffs together

Hi! I'm trying to slur two staffs together.....is that possible with this program? If so, how do I do it? Thanks!

Re: Slurring staffs together

Reply #1
I don't think it's possible.  Each staff is independent of the others.  I assume you are trying to create a piano or organ part?  Once you've printed them, just hand-draw the slur.

Reply #2
You might want to hide and mute some notes on one staff which extend into the other staff and slur these instead.  If you need the rests which these notes replaced this chart of the NWCV15 font might be helpful (use IE or <7 version of Netscape).
Since 1998

Reply #3
Hey, what is that thing after the K?

Reply #4
Quarter note w/o the stem.  The stem is extra <g>.
Since 1998

Reply #5
Not the k, the K.

Reply #6
There was a discussion about this somewhere -- I thought it was on this forum, but can't seem to find it. Maybe it was the newsgroup. At any rate, I think it's just called a "target," and as I recall it was (is?) sometimes used to indicate a particular point in the music, rather like a coda symbol.

But why is it in the native NWC font? We can only surmise that NW Software had plans for it somewhere along the line... or perhaps still do.

Reply #7
You can make it look right by putting notes 'way high in the bass clef, selecting them and removing leger lines, and then making them sit on the staff above in the right places. You'll also have to mute those notes and put invisible (but audible) notes in the treble clef if you want it to sound right when you play back. And if you change the staff spacing it will have to be redone.

Reply #8
John's idea will probably work, but sounds like a lot of work to get it right.