Skip to main content
Topic: MIDI output not working (Read 2440 times) previous topic - next topic

MIDI output not working

My MIDI output has stopped working.  Three months ago every worked as it should but now I cannot get any sound.  It goes through the score.  Speaker volume is on, I've selected MS GS Wavetable Synth (it's the only one available).  I'm on Windows 11 on a desktop.  What am I missing in settings and what could have changed?

Re: MIDI output not working

Reply #1
Curtis and I have exchanged a couple of messages privately.  He's experiencing:

For some reason my app does not play any music.  Something must have changed in my settings, either in Noteworthy or in my computer.  I am now using Windows 11.  Any ideas as to what settings to change?

It doesn't matter which piece I open, same result.  No muting. I'm running Vers. 2.75a.2, is that the latest?  I've selected (only choice actually) Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth as the output.

I assume he didn't migrate to a new computer, so the problems I encountered when I did that likely aren't what he's experiencing.

Any ideas?

Reply #2
Does Windows Media Player play MIDI files correctly (i.e., one can hear them)?

H.M.

Reply #3
The windows media player seems to have stopped, I can't hear sound from a youtube video but I can get sound from PBS streaming

Reply #4
The windows media player seems to have stopped, I can't hear sound from a youtube video but I can get sound from PBS streaming
"Windows Media Player" is a specific software that can play MIDI files (what plays a Youtube video is your browser, and a few pieces in the Windows operating system). Try to start Windows Media Player by pressing the Windows button on your computer keyboard (the button with the sort-of window on it) and then typing WMP, pressing Enter and then pulling a MIDI file into its right-hand pane ... and then making it play.

H.M.