Skip to main content
Topic: Windows 11 (Read 2053 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows 11

Has anyone here had any experience yet with running NWC on Win 11?

Re: Windows 11

Reply #1
I installed it on my new Windows 11 system, and it seems to be working fine.

Reply #2
What are the benefits of Windows 11 over Windows 10?
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #4
Being a retired IT pro and the cynic I am, and given the history of the quality of m$ release products, there is no way on this earth I would install Win 11 before it's been around for at least a year, and maybe not even then.  I only moved from XP 2 years ago because I finally HAD to move to a new machine.
IMHO the first XP was very poor, but by the time SP3 was out it'd become quite reasonable
Vista was a disaster
Win 7 was just enough better to be reliable but configurability was terrible
Win 8 and 10 added their terrible UI changes and even more configurability issues, 11 just seems to make things worse again.

Seriously, if I'd wanted a Mac and iPhone combined, I would've bought a Mac and an iPhone, I don't need windoze to pretend to be one.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
Windows 11 cannot be installed on my (old) desktop PC because my PC lacks a needed piece of hardware [Trusted Platform Module (TPM)].  I found some (hacking) instructions to bypass that, and I tried that in a virtual box, but finally I doubt if I had more than just a Windows 10 with the Windows 11 look.
I saw the advertisement that it would be able to install smartphone apps in Windows 11, but this option - the only one that i liked in Windows 11 - wasn't ready at that moment.
As long as my current PC fulfills all my needs, I'll stay with Windows 10.
Only if I have to buy a new computer, I'll use the (preinstalled) Windows 11.
Or, if NWC is dead by that time, I may decide to switch to Linux or Apple.

Bart

Reply #6
I would agree with the general consensus that there isn't anything in Windows 11 that would compel me to upgrade to it, plus the fact that there are a lot of Windows 10 systems that are stated to be incompatible for one reason or another. Our household has 4 other Windows 10 systems (my old Dell PC, wife's laptop and two Surface Pro tablets), all of which are not eligible for the upgrade for one reason or another.  I bought a new desktop system recently mainly because my previous system was fairly old (8 years) and I wanted a speed boost for some of my tasks. Music-wise, it was fine for NWC and most other tasks. The new computer came with Windows 11 preinstalled, and I didn't think it was worth trying to roll it back to Windows 10. There are a handful of enhancements that I find semi-useful, such as an easier way to snap task windows to different regions of my screen, but I could live without them.

There are a few new Windows 11 features that aren't 100% available yet that I'm interested in checking out once they get rolled out to the general public, including the Linux subsystem and the ability to run Android apps.

Reply #8
he probado con windows11 y funciona excelente no me da ningún problema