Skip to main content
Topic: Fermatas vs Arpeggios (Read 2139 times) previous topic - next topic

Fermatas vs Arpeggios

In this snippet I have a fermata in the last measure where a chord in the piano is arpeggiated. When played, there are a few extra notes added to the measure.

Is there any way to make this work or workaround?

TIA
Since 1998

Re: Fermatas vs Arpeggios

Reply #1
In the properties dialogue of the arpeggio try:
a) Tick the Anticipated playback checkbox
b) adjust the arpeggio rate (I tried 64 in my testing with some success) to taste.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
In addition to what @Lawrie Pardy says, you should also mute the chords when an Arpeggio object is used, otherwise the arpeggio playback is overlapped by the chord's playback.

Reply #3
I wish I understood a lot more about how NWC and useful objects work, but finally decided on no delay in the fermata and getting the same effect by inserting a slower tempo on the last measure.
Thank you for looking at it though. Your tips and tools have been useful to the NWC community many times over and I appreciate your time and efforts.
Since 1998

Reply #4
finally decided on no delay in the fermata and getting the same effect by inserting a slower tempo on the last measure.
I think this is indeed the most flexible option, because in my experience, fermata (and breath marks) delays disappear if you export to a midi-file.

Bart