Skip to main content
Topic: 10000 (Read 4413 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 10000

Reply #1
jajajajajjajajajajajaja
best thread ever!!!! XDDDDD
[...] y el mayor bien es pequeño: que toda la vida es sueño, y los sueños, sueños son.

Reply #2
For completeness, from the point of view of decimal numbers:

Even though I have used NWC for 21 years now (my first crank organ arrangement, "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy", is from 1999), I don't know any names in those threads, except Fred Nachbaur.

Looking forward, when will 100000 be? Assuming roughly similar traffic (i.e., NWC is not going viral), some 9 times 24 = 216 years in the future, i.e., by year 2236, give or take a few (decades? centuries?).

H.M.

Reply #3
See you in the 100000 thread!  :))

Long, long ago, let say 45 years, while discussing with some friends, someone, maybe me, said: we'll meet in ten years and we'll see who was right.
Indeed we met some 15..20 years later but none remebered what was the matter...  :D

Reply #4
This is one of the best stories I have heard - ever. Short, to the point, and totally zen. I will spread it. It's worth it.

H.M.

Reply #5
... and absolutely true!  :)

Reply #6
we'll meet in ten years and we'll see who was right.
Indeed we met some 15..20 years later but none remebered what was the matter...  :D
Best advice from my grandmother just before she died in 1976:
"As you get older, you will find that those things that you thought were important were not important at all."
Registered user since 1996

Reply #7
Looking forward, when will 100000 be? Assuming roughly similar traffic (i.e., NWC is not going viral), some 9 times 24 = 216 years in the future, i.e., by year 2236, give or take a few (decades? centuries?).
I had hoped to find a specific date somewhere in the old posts, but there was nothing. I got the same thing Wed Apr 20 2236 06:41:57 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) using MidPoint.htm.
Since 1998

Reply #8
Given how dramatically things have changed in the last 50 years, I can't imagine what they'd be like in another 200. We'll all have wireless transceivers installed in our skulls at birth (with an optional MIDI equivalent add-in when we are old enough to appreciate music). We won't need to use quaint keyboards to exchange messages with each other.

Reply #9
Given how dramatically things have changed in the last 50 years, I can't imagine what they'd be like in another 200. We'll all have wireless transceivers installed in our skulls at birth (with an optional MIDI equivalent add-in when we are old enough to appreciate music). <snip>
Oh dear God, I hope not!
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #11
 Until relatively recently there was an original Forum accessible at https://noteworthycomposer.com/nwcforum/.  Perhaps I nodded off when we were told it was going to be erased, and so didn't see that?  Anyway, shouldn't the Forum Numbers Count start from this old one?

MusicJohn 21/Apr/20

Reply #13
The old NoteWorthy installation CD's have archives of the old forums.
Thanks! I didn't realize this (or if I did know it once, I had forgotten).  I dug out my NWC 1.75b CD, and sure enough, in folder \PROGRAMS\NWCFORUM are the files NWCForum.cnt and NWCForum.hlp.  So I copied the files to my hard drive and double-clicked the 8.3MB .hlp file... which redirected me to a Microsoft web page to tell me that Windows 10 no longer supports .hlp files, and if I have Windows 8.1 or older, I could install WINHLP32.exe.

But I don't give up so easy. I eventually found a version of WINHLP32 that will install on Windows 10, although it has that quaint Windows 95 look and feel. It seems odd to browse forums as though they are a help file, but I applaud NWC for actually trying to preserve this information.

I subsequently read that Microsoft had removed support for .hlp files because of security concerns, so I don't know if I will keep using this program. I did discover that it's possible to convert a .hlp file to a .chm file (aka HTMLHelp), which is apparently more secure, and more importantly, still supported in Windows 10.  However, the process looks a bit complicated, and I'm not planning to do it.

Reply #14
And to my memory, the numbering was preserved from the old forum, but I could be mistaken ... I am 33 now, after all :-D
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI