Skip to main content
Topic: Lyric Lines (Read 2991 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyric Lines

Is there a way of increasing the space between the lyric lines of various verses. As it stands now, the top of the font on one verse is almost touching the bottom the verse line above.
Also, the author creit (found in the Information tap) I hve notice, encrouches, or even at times blends with any guitar chords text that appears above the notes. Is there a way of moving this higher.

Re: Lyric Lines

Reply #1
If I understand your question correctly Douglas, there is a way. Actually two ways (or a mixture of both). Experiment with <Staff><Staff Properties><Visual><Vertical Size> and <Edit><Lyrics><Configuration><Offset>. A mixture of these settings will give you almost limitless options. You might also try varying the lyrics font size. Peter.

Re: Lyric Lines

Reply #2
Peter, sorry but this doesn't work as Douglas expects, since it dos not change the space BETWEEN lyrics lines.
I fear this is linked to the font, i.e. some fonts let more space above/under chars than others.
One solution, if you do not have too many (less than 12 lines) lyrics, is to add as much staves as you have lyrics lines, and use staff layering. Thus bypassing the 8-lines limit :-)
For printing, this is correct.
For playback, the problem is that the lyrics will be enlightened simultaneously.

You'll find on http://www.geocities.com:80/Paris/LeftBank/1357/nwc/vertical.zip a file that shows different techniques about vertical lyrics spacing.

Hope this helps,
Marsu