Skip to main content
Topic: end on steff (Read 3935 times) previous topic - next topic

end on steff

I want the staff to end with a master repeat close  but it enter the repeat and then closes with a standard close  so both closes show up

Re: end on steff

Reply #1
Go to staff properties, Select the general tab. Then select "Master Repeat Close" for the Ending Bar.
Then remove the ending bar that you entered on the staff.
Rich.

Reply #2
Or, maybe better, select "Open (hidden)" an keep the one you added.
This is useful if you use the option "force system break" on it.

Reply #4
Master Repeat Close with Forced System Break does the trick too, as far as I could see.

Rounds

Reply #5
I just learned how to do something new because of this thread: end with something other than the normal double bar line!

I have been writing and notating rounds lately for my choir. Here is a favourite that I was able to change the ending on. It looks great on my screen. However, when I go to print...trouble! It's probably best to keep it as a single line piece but I do like hearing the sound of the round.

Reply #6
Usually, canons are written as a single line with marks where the other voices must start.
By the way: add a little panning to the voices, spreading them along the acoustic horizon, and the effect is much better.

Re: Rounds

Reply #7
I just learned how to do something new because of this thread: end with something other than the normal double bar line!

I have been writing and notating rounds lately for my choir. Here is a favourite that I was able to change the ending on. It looks great on my screen. However, when I go to print...trouble! It's probably best to keep it as a single line piece but I do like hearing the sound of the round.
I think you can keep multiple staffs, but they should be the same length.  Add bars of rests at the end of the shorter staffs.

For printing, insert a Master Repeat Close with a page break just before the end of each staff.  Whatever you use for the staff ending in Staff Properties won't show on the page when you print it.

I don't think the repeats work properly when they're aren't aligned staff to staff.