Skip to main content
Topic: Guitar Tablature Symbols (Read 2190 times) previous topic - next topic

Guitar Tablature Symbols

Does NWC include guitar common tab symbols?

Re: Guitar Tablature Symbols

Reply #2
Thank you sir.  You guys never cease to amaze me.  I thought surely the answer would be no.

Reply #3
As an afterthought, I know how to create custom guitar chords but I've never figured out how to save them or to save a grouping of them, e.g: a grouping of diminished chords per key or sustained chords.  Can you step me through that?  Also how do I get written chord names to actually become playable chords?/color]

Reply #4
Once you create a guitar chord fingering, you can copy and paste it elsewhere in your score. If you have certain groupings you want to reuse, you could copy them into a blank score in the desired order, then copy and paste the group of chords into your working score., and then insert the rests or melody notes around them. For scores I have done, I find it sometimes easier to put the guitar chords on their own staff with appropriate rests between them, and then layer that staff onto the melody staff.

And if you want to get the chords to play (strum), increase the Note Span parameter from zero to the number of notes/rests you want the chord to cover. If your chords are on their own staff with a single rest between then, set each Note Span to 1.  You have the option of strumming down or up for each chord, as well as having the strum either start or end at the chord's location. See the forum page I linked above for more information on these options.

Reply #5
I haven't done anything with this page in a while, but it might be useful: guitar.htm
Since 1998

Reply #6
Thank you again, both of you.