Skip to main content
Topic: Printing as an image file (Read 2557 times) previous topic - next topic

Printing as an image file

Hello all,

I have taken on a task which involves inputting a psalm chant of 7 bars in NWC and then including it in an A5 "music sheet" which has general information in it, then the psalm music and then the psalm words. At the moment, I have to print it either directly or as a pdf and then scan it to get an image I can paste into my DTP program. Is there any way I can produce an image file directly (I seem to recall there used to be an option to create an "EMF" file, that may have been in v 1.75?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul

Re: Printing as an image file

Reply #1
I seem to recall there used to be an option to create an "EMF" file
It is still there. On the Print Preview menu, the option: 'Copy Page...' will let you Save the page to an EMF file.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Thank you, Rick. I will try that and see how the overall printed output looks

Paul

Reply #3
The "Copy Page" menu will also allow you to copy to the clipboard and then paste directly into an image editing program, where you can save it in the file format of your choice. At least, that works with FastStone.

Reply #4
Windows has a very handy Snipping Tool which might be as good as the Copy Page feature if you only want a small section of the Page Preview page to be copied.

You open it, highlight the part of the screen you want to copy, go to your target page, and paste it.  Saves having to edit out the unwanted parts of the source page.

Reply #5
Windows has a very handy Snipping Tool which might be as good as the Copy Page feature
Yes this could be enough for some uses, but be aware that in this case the snippet is bitmap, not vectorial, and as such it can not be enlarged or reduced too much.

Reply #6
Yes this could be enough for some uses, but be aware that in this case the snippet is bitmap, not vectorial, and as such it can not be enlarged or reduced too much.
Agreed. I have had success copying/pasting from Print Preview into Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher, and then using those programs' "crop" and "scale" functions to show just the part of the clip that I want to see, at the desired size. (We do this for a similar purpose as the original poster, to create a worship aid that combines the music of a psalm response and the text verses.)