Skip to main content
Topic: How can I print comments, credits, etc. (Read 2468 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I print comments, credits, etc.

I've been using noteworthy composer for quite a few years (version 2.51a) and I am wondering if some things will ever be implemented to the program.  Like for example... a comment/credit space at the end of the piece, and/or page titles for every page which is something I think I inquired about ages ago.... The problem is, sometimes it is hard to keep pages together... If I was to make a 6 page sheet music piece, and for whatever reason things get crazy and they get mixed with others I don't want to need to look at the notes to see where does one page go... specially students who don't really read music.  I also composed a song with lyrics and I've had two people work in it, and 4 revisions to it... that I'd like to include in the final product.  I wish the "comments" section could be printed, and I don't see a "credit" option... it's complicated.  :(

Thanks everyone!

Re: How can I print comments, credits, etc.

Reply #1
You can do all you want to do by using the User Object PageTxt.nw.

You must also insert the object PageTxtMaestro.nw  to use   PageTxt.nw.
There are examples in the User Object posting.
https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=9215.0
Rich.

Reply #2
Thank you so much Rich, I will take a look now!  :D

Reply #3
I finally used PageTxt.nw and PageTextMaestro.nw for the first time, and I'm impressed.   The learning curve is easy, and the result is great.   I don't recall who created these, but thank you.

I wonder if an enhancement is possible:
Page Setup has a Preview button.  It would be nice to have that in the Notation Properties dialogue window that opens after the User Prompt.

Reply #4
David, I think this was one of Eric's own User Objects.

Reply #5
It would be nice to have a Preview button in the Notation Properties dialogue window of the user object.
In NWC's current version, this is not possible.
However, using

Enter   Alt-F   V

to get from Notation Properties to preview (Enter closes Notation Properties; Alt-F V opens preview); and

[Shift-Left]    Esc    Alt-Enter

to get back to the Notation Properties dialog (Shift-Left to select the object if it is not yet selected; Esc to close preview; Alt-Enter to open Properties of selected object) is quite efficient - the keyboard is anyway the fastest way to use NWC.
For me, using these key combinations is "without thinking", so it's very fast.

H.M.

Reply #6
William, I think you're right.  He done good, huh?

H.M. -
  • I wasn't asking how to activate the preview - I was "wishing" for a minor update to make previews interact more efficiently with the existing dialogue box.  As it seems to be, one must set the parameters in the dialogue box, exit, do the preview, close it, come back to the dialogue box, tweak the parameters you didn't like, close the dialogue, open the preview, close the preview, then if the object needs tweaking, open the dialogue, tweak it again, close it, do another preview, close it, make the necessary tweaks... and so on, and on, and on, and on...
  • Should "[Shift-Left]    Esc    Alt-Enter"  read" Esc    [Shift-Left]    Alt-Enter" ?

Reply #7
David -

it was not clear to me whether you were "wishing" for this plugin in the context of today's NWC 2.75a2 (where your wish cannot be fulfilled; the answer spells this out, also for other readers); or for a future NWC version - and in such a future version, whether this should be configurable per plugin (so that only some plugins would show that button), or in general (which might be a good idea, actually!). Thus my attempt at an answer.

And yes, you describe correctly that on has to jump between the preview and the parameter box to check whether the parameters are fine - but this is of course the same with a preview button. So it boils down to the number of keys one has to hit for this - and I have found that single key hits are not really important, the same way that the number of keys to play a piece on a piano is not really important - the number of chords, and how the fingers must move, and how the movement patterns are "automated" describes the actual "effort" much better; therefore, the key sequence I described is not worse than that additional button would be, for me, because combinations like Alt-F V ... Esc for previewing are sort of "hard wired into my ... I don't know ... brain stem?" ;)

And yes, my addition of [Shift-Left] is at the wrong place - thx for pointing this out!

H.M.

Edit: My mixing up of threads deleted ...