Skip to main content
Topic: Anchors (Read 2112 times) previous topic - next topic

Anchors

Not sure what is controlling these anchor icons. With some .nwc files, if I insert something like a dynamic it just places the mf or f on the staff, while other .nwc files places this icon anchor alongside the dynamic. I attached some screen shots. Also, the anchor-dynamics are always overlapped with the notes.

Re: Anchors

Reply #1
Not sure what is controlling these anchor icons. With some .nwc files, if I insert something like a dynamic it just places the mf or f on the staff, while other .nwc files places this icon anchor alongside the dynamic. I attached some screen shots. Also, the anchor-dynamics are always overlapped with the notes.
Highlight the dynamic and select Properties, and go to the Placement tab. If the "Preserve Width" checkbox is set, the anchor will be hidden, and it will never overlap surrounding notes.  The anchor symbol will only be visible in the Editor, whenViewer Mode is turned off.

Users generally uncheck "Preserve Width" if they want a more compact score. In such cases, the Alignment of a dynamic can be set to Right to prevent it from colliding with notation.

Reply #2
Highlight the dynamic and select Properties, and go to the Placement tab. If the "Preserve Width" checkbox is set, the anchor will be hidden, and it will never overlap surrounding notes.  The anchor symbol will only be visible in the Editor, whenViewer Mode is turned off.

Users generally uncheck "Preserve Width" if they want a more compact score. In such cases, the Alignment of a dynamic can be set to Right to prevent it from colliding with notation.

That worked. Thanks. Is there a global setting for this? I never fiddled with it, yet the one .nwc file seems to auto "Preserve Width" while other does not.

Reply #3
Depending on whether you use the selector, keyboard shortcut or the Insert menu dynamics automatically use the attributes of the last dynamic inserted.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.