Skip to main content
Topic: Title vertical position (Read 2439 times) previous topic - next topic

Title vertical position

How is the title positioned on the page? Is room reserved for Author, Copyright, etc. even if those fields are empty? I have the Staff Upper Boundary set to 5, which is the minimum for a five-line staff. There is still over 1/2 inch between the title and the top staff. Is there any way to reduce this, other than disable the title and print it as text, which would be a pain?

Re: Title vertical position

Reply #1
Hi,
if you're working with NWC 2.75 you can use "PageTxtMaestro.nw" user object to have more control over some text parameters on your score.

HERE is the link to the post of this user object. Try it and write again if you need more help :)

Lloyd
[...] y el mayor bien es pequeño: que toda la vida es sueño, y los sueños, sueños son.

Reply #2
Thanks. I haven't done much with NWC in quite a while, and I'm still at 2.51 (though I follow the forum). I'll upgrade and try your suggestion.

Reply #3
Is room reserved for Author, Copyright, etc. even if those fields are empty?
Yes.
You can reduce the font sizes to reserve less space.
Boundary changes can be used for "system by system" spacing.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Fathafluff,

Normally the option "Justify printed systems vertically" (in page setup - options) is switched on. I am not sure, but I think it existed already in version 2.51.
In an extreme case (for instance if only one staff group fits on one page) the space between the title and the first staff can be ridiculous large.
By switching off this page option you can normalize the space between the title and the first staff, moving the empty space to the end of the page.

Bart