Skip to main content
Topic: A wish - another OK box in the character map window... (Read 2103 times) previous topic - next topic

A wish - another OK box in the character map window...

As I was writing a string of text with a user font today, I needed to use the character map.  It occurred to me it would be nice to have an "OK" box at the top of the character map window as well as at the bottom. 

This would save a few arm movements when the character map opens below the Expression box, in other words, at the bottom of the screen.  Going up rather than down to accept the selected character allows the user to select OK on the way back to the Expression window, instead of mousing down first, then back up.

The fewer arm movements the better for those with sore wrists. 

I know pressing Enter will accept a character, but that requires withdrawing from the mouse to hit the enter key, then returning to the mouse to position the pointer for the next character.

Re: A wish - another OK box in the character map window...

Reply #1

In much the same way it would be nice if the "topic" line - which in this present case is

"Topic: A wish - another OK box in the character map window...  previous topic - next topic"

- was repeated at the bottom, so that, after reading several comments/replies on a Topic, one could stay down at the bottom and then click forwards or backward with the previous topic - next topic buttons.

MusicJohn, 13/Aug/16

Re: A wish - another OK box in the character map window...

Reply #2
I know pressing Enter will accept a character, but that requires withdrawing from the mouse to hit the enter key, then returning to the mouse to position the pointer for the next character.

Another option is to double-click on the character in question, which has the same effect as OK (or Enter).