Skip to main content
Topic: Phrasing with lyrics (Read 2678 times) previous topic - next topic

Phrasing with lyrics

Is there a user tool or plugin that would allow phrasing that would ignore already assigned note properties. Using the slur tool for phrasing instrumental comps is fine but having to use the slur tool and then going back to assign individual note or noting groupings properties "always/never" is a real pain and unduly laborious in my opinion.

Re: Phrasing with lyrics

Reply #2
Thank you William. That works nicely. The more I use it the easier it will get too I'm sure.

Reply #3
Bowed strings have the same issues.  A slur means several notes on one bow and that would pre empt its use to show phrases.
Since 1998

Reply #4
I just started using Slur.ms created by Mike Shawaluk. I must say that I like the functionality of this plugin. I am however having a problem when I try to print my project. When a staff carries over to the next line on the printed page, the slur ends abruptly at the end of the line instead of carrying over to the next line. This doesn't happen when I use the NWC ; slur. Am I using slur.ms wrong or improperly or have I missed a setting somewhere? I've tried a few different things but without success.

Reply #5
I just started using Slur.ms created by Mike Shawaluk. I must say that I like the functionality of this plugin. I am however having a problem when I try to print my project. When a staff carries over to the next line on the printed page, the slur ends abruptly at the end of the line instead of carrying over to the next line. This doesn't happen when I use the NWC ; slur. Am I using slur.ms wrong or improperly or have I missed a setting somewhere? I've tried a few different things but without success.
Hi Ken,

Please see this message (short version: it is a known limitation that I am working on a way to correct.)  However, I just noticed that you already gave that post a "like", so you probably know this change is in the works. For now, you will need to put in two slurs, one before & after the staff break.

Thanks for the positive comments :)

Mike