Skip to main content
Topic: PageTxt (Read 5317 times) previous topic - next topic

PageTxt

I'm now using PageTxt to put the page number, the title and the name of the part (staff label) on each page after the first one.
Wow!
Very good when you're in a hurry and you discover that the sheets are shuffled...  :))
But there is a catch: NWC puts what I told him where I told him but, if in need of space, he doesn't think twice on overlap it with a staff.

Of course, I can locally enlarge the staff boundary so as to leave enough room for the text, but this must be done manually for each page or you finish having on average an excessive distance between staves.

Since I'm working at the top and/or the bottom of the page, the trick I use is to enlarge the relevant page margin so as to have a "no flight zone" for NWC, then inserting a PageTxt with an Y offset that puts the text exactly in the page margin.
Voilà.

Of course this is no rocket science and maybe neither the best solution (Rick?) but it solved an old problem of mine, and that's very welcome.
H.T.H.

Re: PageTxt

Reply #1
I'm now using PageTxt to put the page number, the title and the name of the part (staff label) on each page after the first one.
Of course this is no rocket science and maybe neither the best solution (Rick?)
I set the page margins to confine staff printing. I enforce this with: |Boundary|Style:NewSize items.
I put PageTxt items outside the margins. The result is that PageTxt items do not collide with staff items.

More and more, I am unchecking 'Title Page Info' (|PgSetup|TitlePage:N) and using Boundaries to get the first page right.
I never want to see 'Title Page Info' in the viewer anyway. I wish that the viewer would stop reserving space for it.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
I set the page margins to confine staff printing.
I put PageTxt items outside the margins.
Yes, that's exactly the same that I do.
Or I missed something?

Reply #4
Rick, what do you mean with:
|Boundary|Style:NewSize items
?
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #5
Rick, what do you mean with:?
A |Boundary|Style:NewSize item is a Boundary item that sets an Upper and/or Lower Offset.
Registered user since 1996