Skip to main content
Topic: Loss of website (Read 3679 times) previous topic - next topic

Loss of website

Comcast is shutting down all hobby websites including mine around Oct 10.  wporter211/realsite/nwc.htm If you regularly / occasionally use it, download the pages or scripts you need soon.  If you use a web page, when you download it change its name to .hta instead of .htm or .htlm.  The "avoidance" pages would be extremely difficult to turn into scripts most of the rest already have.

If you use anything on it, what is is?
Since 1998

Re: Loss of website

Reply #1
I've only just discovered this. I used your abc to nwc conversion fairly regularly but I rarely login to the forum these days so I missed your announcement.

Is there any way to get the scripts as I make regular use of your conversion utility. It works well for me for turning folk tunes into standard notation.

Geoff
Geoff Walker
Middlesbrough, UK

Reply #2
Here it comes!

Reply #3
I think the plug was finally pulled on the 1st of the month.  "home.comcast" turned into "xfinity??" followed by ~wporter..." but then nothing was found.  This far I have registered a webpage name but haven't followed through on getting a host for it.
Since 1998

Reply #4
Many thanks. Being Javascript (I assume) in a web page means it's platform independent and worked fine in my Linux PC.
Geoff Walker
Middlesbrough, UK

Reply #5
I think the plug was finally pulled on the 1st of the month.  "home.comcast" turned into "xfinity??" followed by ~wporter..." but then nothing was found.  This far I have registered a webpage name but haven't followed through on getting a host for it.

I use 1 & 1 and have done for many years and I find them OK apart from periodic emails trying to sell me an extra service or an upgrade I don't need but who doesn't do that sort of thing.

Geoff
Geoff Walker
Middlesbrough, UK

Reply #6
My site is back now.  My priority was getting NWC back in order so I will slowly be making changes to add other pages and interests.

wjporter.com
Since 1998

Reply #7
Just added a script to convert midi triplets into real ones.  This assumes an NWC file has just been imported from midi so there is no check for grace notes.  The B147Ch04 file is a good demo of it--run it on the top staff and it should look like the bottom one.
Since 1998