Skip to main content
Topic: Trouble in Windows 10... Musical Win 10 after the cresc.ttf font is installed! (Read 2234 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble in Windows 10... Musical Win 10 after the cresc.ttf font is installed!

Ever typed a letter with cresc.ttf... now you can.
With the installation of the cresc. ttf font in Win 10, Microsoft Word (setup with times new roman,) Google Drives log in screen, Google Drive's local program and other google related sites using times new roman and default text fonts like courier new are being linked to cresc.ttf.  When cresc.ttf is installed in the system this bug occurs... when uninstalled it goes away.

I checked this with a google tech from the Google Apps division using a freshly download cresc. zip.  Obviously a windows bug, cresc.ttf is being substituted for a number of standard fonts. See attached.

Re: Trouble in Windows 10... Musical Win 10 after the cresc.ttf font is installed!

Reply #1
I just installed the Cresc font from the Scriptorium's Helpful files section into Windows 10. I did not experience any problems.

What version of the font did you install? The version found at the Scripto is a Symbol font, so it would be very unusual for it to get picked up in typical text scenarios unless there is something seriously broken about the font file.

Re: Trouble in Windows 10... Musical Win 10 after the cresc.ttf font is installed!

Reply #2
thanks for your input!  I went to Scriptorium and ownloaded the Cresc.ttf from the site, installed it
and all is well.  The file I extracted was older and perhaps corrupt as you mentioned...
Today I downloaded some updates from Microsoft.  Perhaps one of the updates dealt with the issue.

The problematic Cresc.ttf font was 51k dated 1-13-2000  I thought that I copied it from a noteworthy site today
however the page you directed me to isn't the same one. 

Thanks again for looking into this.

Reply #3
After you posted this, I did find an old copy of the font hosted at our site. I updated it with the same version found on the Scripto.