Skip to main content
Topic: Default settings (Read 2303 times) previous topic - next topic

Default settings

Where are default settings stored, and can they be modified?

For example, the default setting when exporting a MIDI file is MIDI type 1.  How do I change that to a default setting of MIDI type 0?

or the default setting for Tempo is 120.  How can that be set to T=100?

There might be others, depending upon the user who wishes to set them upon start-up, rather than be required to change them each time they are initiated.

Are defaults embedded into the NWC code, or stored in an external file?
novice user, but eager to learn

Re: Default settings

Reply #1
Where are default settings stored, and can they be modified?
In the program and no. Many settings are programmed to persist during the session.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Thanks Rick. Maybe some software developer will add this to the wish list for NWC3 or some such future release.  It's certainly not a necessity, but a really nice idea for we lazy composers.
novice user, but eager to learn

Reply #3
As an alternative, one thing that can be done today is to create a template, and load that when creating a new score.
Loading a template does not change defaults. To change defaults, the user must create a new item and modify fields to the desired values. For many fields, these values will persist until a new item with different values is created.

To change the export default to MIDI Type 0, the user must export a file as Type 0

All these are forgotten once NWC is closed.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
There is one default - the default printer - that, once changed, is maintained through all sessions thereafter until changed again. AFIK, this is the only one.  Perhaps more will be added in the future. I would guess that the MIDI type would be a good candidate for this. I would equally guess that the default tempo probably is not.