NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: lew.myrick on 2015-04-14 01:26 pm

Title: Default settings
Post by: lew.myrick on 2015-04-14 01:26 pm
Where are default settings stored, and can they be modified?

For example, the default setting when exporting a MIDI file is MIDI type 1.  How do I change that to a default setting of MIDI type 0?

or the default setting for Tempo is 120.  How can that be set to T=100?

There might be others, depending upon the user who wishes to set them upon start-up, rather than be required to change them each time they are initiated.

Are defaults embedded into the NWC code, or stored in an external file?
Title: Re: Default settings
Post by: Rick G. on 2015-04-14 02:43 pm
Where are default settings stored, and can they be modified?
In the program and no. Many settings are programmed to persist during the session.
Post by: lew.myrick on 2015-04-14 03:58 pm
Thanks Rick. Maybe some software developer will add this to the wish list for NWC3 or some such future release.  It's certainly not a necessity, but a really nice idea for we lazy composers.
Post by: Rick G. on 2015-04-14 05:14 pm
As an alternative, one thing that can be done today is to create a template, and load that when creating a new score.
Loading a template does not change defaults. To change defaults, the user must create a new item and modify fields to the desired values. For many fields, these values will persist until a new item with different values is created.

To change the export default to MIDI Type 0, the user must export a file as Type 0

All these are forgotten once NWC is closed.
Post by: William Ashworth on 2015-04-14 07:25 pm
There is one default - the default printer - that, once changed, is maintained through all sessions thereafter until changed again. AFIK, this is the only one.  Perhaps more will be added in the future. I would guess that the MIDI type would be a good candidate for this. I would equally guess that the default tempo probably is not.