Skip to main content
Topic: Print Preview and Word-wrapping stalves (Read 2800 times) previous topic - next topic

Print Preview and Word-wrapping stalves

Two questions on physical arrangement

OK, so I bought myself a 24" monitor and now I have all sorts of real estate for displaying my music.

Q1: Is there a way to do a print preview that will show more than one page simultaneously? Two pages would fit beautifully side-by-side on this screen.

Q2: Is there a way to word-wrap the staff line (only one staff needed for my guitar work) so that I don't have to scroll back and forth so much when I'm editing music? I could easily let the staff word wrap to about 5 staves if this was possible.

I have a hunch the answers are No and No, but perhaps some clever musician has some ideas which I will gladly entertain.

Thank you.
Alfred

Re: Print Preview and Word-wrapping stalves

Reply #1
Q1: Is there a way to do a print preview that will show more than one page simultaneously? Two pages would fit beautifully side-by-side on this screen.
No, but if you print the song to PDF, Adobe Reader has a 'Two Page View.'
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Thank you Rick, that gets me half the way there.

Al

Reply #3
Hi, Al,

Of course my work around is not at all a word wrap solution, but with the GO-command (CTRL+G) you can jump easily to a specific bar number.

This needs of course some sort of administration, but it helped me in the past to speed up the work.

Bart