Skip to main content
Topic: Subtitle (Read 4371 times) previous topic - next topic

Subtitle

Why not to introduce the possibility of an optional subtitle just below the title?
It doesn't seem so difficult to program and lately I found myself wishing for it.

Re: Subtitle

Reply #1
About a third of the time, whatever defaults NWC would provide for font and position might be just what you want.
I'd rather have Text|Placement options of "Staff", "Page top", and "Page bottom".
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
I would like to have the option of printing the part on every page.  Outside of the first page is this "Violin I", "Violin II", "Oboe", etc?
Since 1998

Reply #3
I concur with all suggestions!

Subtitles, placement at page top/page bottom/staff, and part name.

I'm sure I could think of a couple more if I was more awake, but these are a good start.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
Wow, Rick the wizard!
Thank you.

Reply #6
Hi Rick,
as usual, great work around, but I should have been clearer about the "Part name" bit.

This really needs to be able to be set as a header for subsequent pages when extracting multi page parts.  Now I know this can be effectively done with staff lables, but that is less tidy than a header, so at the moment I manually place a faux header as text rather than use the staff label.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #7
About a third of the time, whatever defaults NWC would provide for font and position might be just what you want.
I'd rather have Text|Placement options of "Staff", "Page top", and "Page bottom".
Of course, the position and font could be user-adjustable....

I've gotten used to placing subtitles via text entries in the top staff of the first page. Takes just a few minutes. But I would welcome a subtitle option; also a header/footer option that could include text as well as page numbers.