Skip to main content
Topic: PDF to NWC conversion (Read 11607 times) previous topic - next topic

PDF to NWC conversion

I have a PDF image of a single page of music I wish to convert to editable NWC format.  The PDF has text in the same image as the music.  How do I convert that PDF image into a regular editable NWC file?   ... thanks, KennyGWhizbang

Re: PDF to NWC conversion

Reply #1
Two main ways of doing this.

1. Use a program such as Photoscore or Sharpeye to read the pdf file and then convert it to music xml.
Having done that, use Nicolas Hatiers online conversion program (https://www.niversoft.com/products/xml2nwc/) to convert the music xml into nwctxt and load this into NWC.

2. Since it is only a single page of music, I would suggest that it would be just as easy, probably more accurate and quicker to enter the music by hand.
Rich.

Reply #2
Note, in addition to Richard's reply:

Before SHARPEYE can read your music,
1. you'd have to convert the PDF to TIF (Using a free convertor)

2. I've been using SHARPEYE for so long, I can't remember whether they allow you a free trial period.

3. There's quite a bit of a learning curve for the SHARPEYE editor

(I cannot comment on Photoscore).

Reply #3
Note, in addition to Richard's reply:

Before SHARPEYE can read your music,
1. you'd have to convert the PDF to TIF (Using a free convertor)

Indeed ! - Thanks Haymo, I forgot. But Photoscore will read in pdf files directly.
Rich.

Reply #4
A little late, but maybe worthwhile.
For this I use PDF2MUSIC PRO which in the try version converts 1 page at a time. Save the xml-pages with for ex. page numbers in the file names. Then import xml files into NWC and save them as well. Staring frome nwc file1 you can add the staves of file2 etc.