Skip to main content
Topic: Indenting the staff. (Read 4153 times) previous topic - next topic

Indenting the staff.

This may be related to an earlier thread.  Usually the first staff on a part for one instrument will be indented without supplying the staff name for a new section or new movement.  If more than one staff is being displayed in a system, nothing is done to where the staff starts even though the staff walks over any bracket or brace.  Instead of doing a staff gap, displaying the staff names would also do the "indent", but that wasn't done to any except for the first movement in the collection I'm currently going through (see the scan0001.pdf).

Try doing a print preview on the attached NWC file.

TIA

Since 1998

Re: Indenting the staff.

Reply #1
Couldn't attach both to the first message.
Since 1998

Reply #2
Have you tried this?

Reply #3
It's some time that, in the print preview, I find many scores with the title top half cut away and the staves very close to the page borders.
Warren example is one of those.

Indeed, in all the cases the margins are:
Top: 0
Inside: 0,2 (inches) or 0.51 cm
Outside: 0,2 (inches) or 0.51 cm
Bottom: 0,2 (inches) or 0.51 cm

I suppose the title is cut because it's outside of the max printable area for my printer.

Then I must conclude that the scores I viewed were made by someone who tried to exploit the page as much as possible.

What puzzles me is that I'm almost sure the authors were many and different.
Is it a sort of NWC default?

But there is more: I copied the print preview as bitmap to the clipboard to attach it here as an example but, surprise!, pasted in a graphical program it's perfect.
I had to use the printscreen to get it.

I suppose that the "copy" command does not take care of the idiosyncrasies of the printer driver like "print preview" does.

Am I correct?

[attachment deleted by user]

Reply #4
Whenever I see instances that you are talking about (many times), I always switch printers from a real "paper printing" printer to a virtual pdf printer.

This then cures the issue for me. The pdf version looks perfect and is OK when printed out.
Rich.

Reply #5
Couldn't attach both to the first message.
The problems in your attachment appear to be fixed in NWC 2.51 Beta 10
This is one of the known gap bugs in NWC 2.5.5
I would suggest that further discussion occur in the Back Stage Area among registered users who have access to the Beta.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #6
I discovered I was missing the middle four pages in the violin part of these sonatas and plan to reconstruct them by concatenating the movements into one file.  Each new movement will start on a new system break and an indentation so 1st system only won't fly here.

I'll be checking the margins before starting.
Since 1998