Skip to main content
Topic: Need Assistance (Read 3645 times) previous topic - next topic

Need Assistance

Hello,
Can someone tell me what the correct name for the saw toothed line placed to the left of a chord(s) in bass and treble clef?  What does it mean?  Does NWC have this capability?  Thanks for helping?  Jack D

Re: Need Assistance

Reply #1
The only thing to add is an example of what the Arpeggiate tool can do for you:
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.5,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble
|Text|Text:"Am7"|Font:StaffBold|Pos:10
|Note|Dur:16th,Grace|Pos:-8^|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:16th,Grace|Pos:-4^|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam
|Note|Dur:16th,Grace|Pos:-2^|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam
|Note|Dur:16th,Grace|Pos:1^|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=End
|Chord|Dur:Half|Pos:-8,-4,-2,1,3
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Since 1998

Reply #2
This is an arpeggio. NWC does not have built-in support for this, but the look can be achieved using the Pardy Pack fonts:

Lawrie Pardy's Font Pack for NoteWorthy Composer
http://ntworthy.com/uc/pardypack/

Example:

Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.5)
|Locale|ACP:1252
|PgSetup|StaffSize:16|Zoom:9|TitlePage:Y|JustifyVertically:Y|PrintSystemSepMark:N|ExtendLastSystem:N|DurationPadding:Y|PageNumbers:0|StaffLabels:None|BarNumbers:None|StartingBar:1
|Font|Style:User1|Typeface:"MusikDingsSans"|Size:20|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|AddStaff
|Clef|Type:Treble
|TimeSig|Signature:4/4
|Rest|Dur:Whole
|Bar
|Text|Text:"c "|Font:User1|Pos:-6|Wide:Y
|Chord|Dur:Whole|Pos:-6,-4,-2,1
!NoteWorthyComposer-End

Reply #3
Thanks for the help.

Reply #4
As Warren mentioned in his now deleted post (we seem to be posting at the same time), there is also a user tool that helps with the play back of these. You need the User Tool starter kit:

NoteWorthy Composer 2 User Tools
http://ntworthy.com/nwc2/usertools/

Once installed, look in .Starter Tools -> Arpeggiate

Reply #5
I apologize for inadvertently deleting his post.  The report to moderator is directly above the reply box and I hit it  by mistake.  when I realized where I was I tried to back out and then noticed I deleted Warren's response.  I sent him an email apologizing for my mistake.  Thanks for all the help. Jack D

Reply #6
No need to apologize.  When I saw the Admin provided the same information I did (except the MusikDingsSans font is already installed--no need to chase down Boxmark2), I took it down--it wasn't anything you did.  Adding an example of what the Arpeggiate tool does was the only thing left to add.

When someone is preparing a response to a topic and someone else responds before the response is ready, there will be a suggestion that the response be reviewed before posting;  in this case that feature came in handy.
Since 1998

Reply #7
except the MusikDingsSans font is already installed--no need to chase down Boxmark2

Both of these fonts are included in the NWC Viewer, but neither of these is installed with NWC 2.5. The Pardy Fonts are available on the CD, though.