Skip to main content
Topic: NoteWorthy Player 1.75 and SB X-Fi Synth And Vista (Read 5016 times) previous topic - next topic

NoteWorthy Player 1.75 and SB X-Fi Synth And Vista

I try to listen to my midi in NWP 1.75 (32 bits version) and By default it load Microsoft Midi Mapper. I want to use SB X-Fi Synth A with Soundfont. In Vista 64 bits all my setting is correct. Even In composer I can choose my synth. The problem with NW Viewer it can't read midi file (.mid,.rmi, etc.)

What can I do

Re: NoteWorthy Player 1.75 and SB X-Fi Synth And Vista

Reply #1
Find a 64bit Vista utility to set the Midi Mapper to "SB X-Fi Synth A with Soundfont"

If will know you succeeded when you can drag a MIDI file on to any of Microsoft's media players and it plays back using the Soundfont. Sorry I can't be more specific. Windows seems to change Midi Mapper manipulation with each version.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
That's done a long time ago with a little tweak in the registry (regedit). WMP play well with the synth but not NoteWorthy Player. Maybe the program is too old. I hope that the Noteworthy Viewer 2 will support Midi files

Reply #3
WMP play well with the synth but not NoteWorthy Player.
Learn something new every day :) The registry tweaks I have seen change the MIDI mapper. You must have found one that causes WMP to disregard the MIDI mapper.

This old discussion may be of some help: MIDI mapper

If you are the adventureous sort, there is: http://sierrahelp.com/Utilities/SoundUtilities/PutzlowitschsVistaMIDI_Mapper.html
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
It's a long time since I looked at the Noteworthy Player.
Does it really imports and plays MIDI files (like NWC does)?

Reply #6
Wow!
But it plays midi as-is or like NWC does after importing it? (You know: triplets, pan, bendings...)

Reply #7
Wow!
But it plays midi as-is or like NWC does after importing it? (You know: triplets, pan, bendings...)
Bending worked (on Gliss) but had midi triplets.
Since 1998

Reply #8
but had midi triplets

Ah, and when in NWC too? ;-)