Skip to main content
Topic: Play a chord one note at a time (Read 3128 times) previous topic - next topic

Play a chord one note at a time

How do I show that a chord is to be played slowly one note at a time? The chord would typically be at the end of a song and should be played slowly like a slow strum on a guitar. If I'm not mistaken it looks like a snake-like vertical line just before the chord, but I can't find it anywhere in the menus.

Thank you.

Al

Re: Play a chord one note at a time

Reply #1
You ask how to show the chord.

To do that, you need to use an additional font. For example, if you add Lawrie's "MusikDingsSans" as user font 1 at an appropriate size.
Then before the chord, insert text "c" (key x to insert text) using user font 1 (or whichever user font you configured it). This is the snake-like vertical line you wrote about (arpeggio symbol).

If you need it to sound like that as well, one way is to have a hidden staff, write it out the arpeggio in the hidden staff and mute the chord.

Another way would be to have hidden grace notes before the chord.

Rich.

Reply #2
One of the built in tools is arpeggiate in the .Starter tools group.  Also, there are some different versions of it in a related thread and I think at least one of them inserts the vertical wavy line.
Since 1998

Reply #3
Thank you for the replies. Every time I ask a question here I realize how much I don't know. I found the MusikDingsSans installer/remover and information, so I should have plenty of new information.

Thank you.

Al