Skip to main content
Topic: Adjustment of lyrics to the score (Read 3434 times) previous topic - next topic

Adjustment of lyrics to the score

Until now adjustment of lyrics to the score works just fine. And it still does if I type it myself.
However I downloaded a nwc piece and I wanted to correct in some places where for instance I wanted a syllable to go with  a number of notes instead of one.
If I use in that case the trick with ";" normally the next syllable shifts to the note after the slur. But in this piece it shifts too far!
In the lyrics I find no unknown characters. I removed a portion of the lyrics and typed them again: problem stays!
It is a piece (Missa tempore quadrigesimae; the credo-2) with 6 whole notes/ measure.

Can somebody help me with this?

Re: Adjustment of lyrics to the score

Reply #1
However I downloaded a nwc piece and I wanted to correct in some places where for instance I wanted a syllable to go with  a number of notes instead of one.

Highlight a note (or consective notes) where you don't want lyrics.  Press Cntl/E.  Under Notes, look for "Lyric Syllable" on the right side near the center.  Choose "Never" and press OK.

HTH
Since 1998

Reply #2
Thanks Warren, it is almost midnight here so I'll try it later this week.

Reply #3
Highlight a note (or consective notes) where you don't want lyrics.  Press Cntl/E.  Under Notes, look for "Lyric Syllable" on the right side near the center.  Choose "Never" and press OK.

HTH

Thanks Warren.  I used to achieve the same effect using the right amount of underscores and spaces in the Lyrics.  But this is by far easier and neater.

Reply #4
I used to achieve the same effect using the right amount of underscores and spaces in the Lyrics.  But this is by far easier and neater.
That is the only method to use if some verses need a specific lyric syllable and some don't.  When you are sure you NEVER want a syllable on specific notes, you can just change the notes.
Since 1998

Reply #5
Thanks again Warren; it worked!