Skip to main content
Topic: uncomplete staff view in an orchestral score (Read 3236 times) previous topic - next topic

uncomplete staff view in an orchestral score

Good morning everybody.

Even I'm using NWC since 2005, I'm not still very confident with the new 2.5 NWC version, I started to use recently.
As I found out a little fault in one staff of the orchestral score, I though there was an incoherence with the other instrument staffs.
Meanwhile the other instrument staffs are completely visible up to the 78th measure, the last one (strings) enable a visibility up to the 76th one.
So I have been Copying the faulting score in a new document (I'm attaching), the problem remains: the two last measures are not visible.
I don't know if this question is due to the fact that the last measures are in sixty-fourth triplets. However, since the measures are respecting the 4/4 signature, I have some dubts about.
Did some NWC 2.5 users find the solution to this unusual question?
Thank you very much to everybody.

Best regards,

Raffaele  

Re: uncomplete staff view in an orchestral score

Reply #1
Hi Raffaele,

This has already been reported to NoteWorthy as an issue, and has been fixed in the beta program that is currently under test.

If I look at your staff using 2.51 beta 2, the final two measures can be seen without problem.

Regards

Richard
Rich.

Reply #2
Raffaele,
my comment is:
Confirmed that all measures up to 78 ARE visible in the EDITOR of NWC Test Edition 2.51 Beta 2
and not all are visible in the editor NWC 2.5.5
In print preview, the measures are visible (truncated) in both versions.

Usually the implementation of a tremolo is NOT printed, but substituted by the appropriate symbol.

I would hide your sample staff (for playback), and provide a muted staff with the correct symbols for printing.

If you absolutely insist on having to print all those notes, you might manage it  
(in NWC 2.5.5 and in NWC Test Edition 2.51 Beta 2):

1. Before opening NWC, setting your default printer to LANDSCAPE (instead of Portrait.)
2. In NWC UNselecting  at:  File -> Page Setup -> Options -> "Increase spacing for longer notes"
3. Adding a 0.5 spacer between all of the 1/64th notes
   (This is laborious, but actually manages to shrink the measures to fit into a LANDSCAPE format, gradually making more  visible in the NWC 2.5.5 editor.)
4. Reduce page margins all round to 1.0 cm (instead of 1.27cm = 0.5 inch)

Reply #3
Thank you very much to Richard and Haymo for your kind suggestions.
Note for Haymo: however, as I am composing a music for a short film, I need, before trascribing the score with the appropriate symbol for tremolo, to control the right audio matching between drum and bass notes with precise photograms, as the calculation bpm/tempo doesn't matches exactly, as tempo varies in the middle of the music. This is the main reason why I am obliged to work out a first score respecting playback writing constraints.

Raffaele

Solved : uncomplete staff view in an orchestral score

Reply #4
For Haymo and Richard, maybe, for the time being, the only solution is to use the "Goto measure" if we need to verify the harmonic matching in the different scores.
Thank you again for your suggestions.

Raffaele

Reply #5
The User Tool in reply #4 of Displaying fast running notes might help.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #6
Rick,
Thanks for reminding us about "rg_Squash.php".
This is a very useful tool, which I previously had overlooked.

At present it's set to apply spacer width of 0.00, which (I think) is the utmost "scrunch" one can apply.

May I request a modified tool which would prompt for a width?
Reason for this request: I've used widths of 0.5 to 0.9 to gently nudge some measures to where I want them.

Together with "rg_ZapSpacer.php" this would be a formidable team.

Reply #7
At present it's set to apply spacer width of 0.00, which (I think) is the utmost "scrunch" one can apply.
Yes, unfortunately.

Not really needed. When you use the tool, you are left with a selection highlighted. Just get the Properties..., goto the Spacer Tab and change the width.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #8
Reason for this request: I've used widths of 0.5 to 0.9 to gently nudge some measures to where I want them.
This was one of my last webpages before I started to learn how to make tools--it creates the same spacing NWC does by default then allows the user to grow or shrink them.  Please check this thread.
Since 1998

Reply #9
Thank you very much to Rick and Warren for this very useful tool.
As I'm not been following this Forum since almost one year, I'm discovering I have been loosing a lot of very useful suggestions and information.
Thanks a lot again.
Raffaele