Skip to main content
Topic: Mouse Wheel scrolling defaults (Read 5588 times) previous topic - next topic

Mouse Wheel scrolling defaults

In Edit and View modes, if the content fits vertically in the window, NWC scrolls horizontally.
There are times when I would prefer to force horizontal scolling even when the content is too tall. I would suggest that if Scroll Lock is on, NWC would always scroll horizontally.

If mouse wheel scrolling is ever supported in Print Preview*, I would suggest that the same apply there.

I would have no objection if the default directions were reversed. I usually want to scroll horizontally in Edit/View and vertically in Print Preview, but that might be confusing as a default.

* I use an external mouse hook program to enable the wheel in Print Preview. The defaults are the same as in Edit/View.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Mouse Wheel scrolling defaults

Reply #1
In Edit and View modes, if the content fits vertically in the window, NWC scrolls horizontally.

NWC does not contain any built-in mechanism for horizontal scrolling with the mouse wheel. If it works on your system, you can thank your mouse driver and its supporting software.

Reply #2
NWC does not contain any built-in mechanism for horizontal scrolling with the mouse wheel. If it works on your system, you can thank your mouse driver and its supporting software.
By golly, you're right. Timely knowledge. I was about comment about how dodgy horizontal scrolling was when navigating a big MMR. That would have been embarrassing ...

Reply #3
As long as someone brought it up, will the scroll wheel ever suppoprt print priview? I often find myself frantically turning the knob in print priview and nothing happening.

Reply #4
will the scroll wheel ever support print priview?
The last time Print Preview was updated, mice didn't have wheels /sarcasm

Reply #5
I remember the days when mice only had four feet, a tail and two ears.  Has anyone figured out the correct plural form of the computer mouse?

In print preview:

• I'd like to be able to change pages with Page Up and Page Down
  • I'd like the clickable Next and Back buttons to be moveable to the bottom of the screen.  It's a surprisingly long mouse movement to get to them up top.  I like the hot keys B and N for Back and Next, but they aren't intuitive.
  • I'd like to be able to use the + and - keys to adjust the zoom level.  The current mouse clicking is fine, but then you have to cycle through the set of zoom sizes to get back to where you were.

From my perspective, these are "nice to haves" instead of "musts."  

Reply #6
  • I'd like to be able to use the + and - keys to adjust the zoom level.  The current mouse clicking is fine, but then you have to cycle through the set of zoom sizes to get back to where you were.
Right click cycles backwards...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #7
Thanks, Lawrie, I didn't know that.  Cool!