Skip to main content
Topic: Inserting a block of text below the final system (Read 3445 times) previous topic - next topic

Inserting a block of text below the final system

Hello, Could someone tell me, please, if it's possible to insert a block of text, e.g. a translation of the lyrics of a song, beneath the final system of the song, and if so, how it's done?  Thanks.

Re: Inserting a block of text below the final system

Reply #1
How I do it is to make sure I have room between the last system and the bottom of the page.  this can take some judicious juggling of staff metrics size and system breaks...  I'm sure you understand that.

Then, I simply pick an object, often a bar line, in the bottom system/staff and attach text to it, most often the text will be justified Left at next note/bar, and add multiple text entries, one "below" the other.

I hope that's clear enough.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
You might also check out Richard Woodroffe's hint, https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=8024.0, which uses some of the new features of NWC 2.5 to place lyrics at the bottom of hymns.

Reply #3
Many thanks, Lawrie, once more, and to 'fathafluff', and of course to Richard Woodruff.  I shall definitely try both methods.  What a great forum this is, and so quick to get help!  Amazing!