Skip to main content
Topic: 3 verses then a coda (Read 6465 times) previous topic - next topic

3 verses then a coda

I've done a piece for a male voice choir. It has three verses, then a coda to finish. So I want the verse to play through three times, then the coda to play once. How do I use the Flow Direction tools to set that up, please? Thanks.

Re: 3 verses then a coda

Reply #1
Unless there is something more to the music that you haven't said, you don't appear to need flow directions to achive proper play flow.

For the verses, you need to set up a master repeat open at the start. Set up a Master repeat close as the closing bar line to the verse.
For the opening bar line for that final verse use a special ending with 1 and 2 set.  Repeat the last bar after the Master repeat close but for this bar start it with a special ending set for three.  The next bar following this  will be the start of what you call the coda.
Rich.

Reply #2
Too complicated!

Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble
|TimeSig|Signature:4/4
|Note|Dur:Whole|Pos:0
|Ending|Endings:1,2|Visibility:Never
|Bar|Style:MasterRepeatClose
|Ending|Endings:3|Visibility:Never
|Note|Dur:Whole|Pos:1
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

does the trick. You can also use the local repeat to achieve the same effect.

Reply #3
Thank you both for your time and trouble in replying.
Richard, I followed your directions (before Peter posted) and it works fine - thanks a lot.
Peter, am I right in thinking that the script you provided is to use with the User Tools? I've not ventured into them so far. If you have the time and inclination, I'd be happy to know exactly how to implement the script.

Reply #4
Deemat,

Glad you got it going OK.

Peter was using the NWC Clip text.   For every object used in NWC, there is a text representation.

If you copy (CTRL C) some objects from a staff and then paste it into a text processor, it will come out in a text form (the same as Peter used).
You can also save the whole NoteWorthy file as text by using the Export option (in NWC version 2.1.  - This will be saved as a .nwctxt file).

So if you select and copy all of the code in peter's posting (Click on select and then CTRL C is one method), then in NoteWorthy, select "Paste as new file" from the Edit menu (or use Shift + Ctrl + V), it will paste the text inro a new file as proper NoteWorthy Objects.

It is also correct to say that the user tools make extensive use of this NoteWorthy text language, but as you have seen from the above, you don't need user tools to put the code into NoteWorthy or for that matter, to get it out.
Rich.

Reply #5
To add to Richard's excellent advice, Rick G created a tool you can park on your desktop with the idea of assigning a shortcut key to it here: https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=7088.0.  Once installed you can select the nwctxt in a post, Cntl/C, then press your shortcut key to be looking at it in seconds.
Since 1998

Reply #6
Thank you all - and especially to you, Richard. Not everyone has the ability to explain things as clearly and succinctly as you, and I appreciate your support.