Skip to main content
Topic: Activating my copy (Read 4747 times) previous topic - next topic

Activating my copy

So, anyway, my laptop dies, right, so I download another copy of NWC onto my new computer. I last upgraded NWC two years ago, I have no idea where my Authenticity ID is (assuming I was sent one, which I suppose I must have been), and I can't see anything on any toolbar that allows me to activate this new evaluation copy using the details I do have.

Can anyone suggest what my next move should be?

Alec

Re: Activating my copy

Reply #1
Yup,

An email to NoteWorthy support giving as much detail as you know.
Date you bought it (or an approximation). Address it was sent to., Registered name.

Rich.

Reply #2
AFAIK, the evaluation copy cannot be activated without an Authenticity ID.
Online orders are followed up by regular mail. This is either a CD or a label with your Authenticity ID.

The only way to get a new Authenticity ID is to e-mail support and plead your case. Knowing the e-mail and mailing addresses used when placing your last online order will help.

When an online order is placed, "NoteWorthy Sales" sends e-mails that contain:
Quote from: Sample e-mail snippet
Order ID: #####
Status Key: xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx
If you have a backup of these e-mails, they contain instructions for retrieving your order status. This is not an Authenticity ID, but may help you establish ownership.

I last upgraded NWC two years ago
It is likely that you upgraded to NWC 2.0
Even though the upgrade from 2.0 to the current version 2.1 is free, you may have enough info to qualify for the $15 upgrade from Version 1.75 to 2.1

Quote from: http://ntworthy.com/composer/upgrade.htm
This product has eligibility requirements. You must be an existing, registered user of the program before you may purchase an upgrade package. The order form will ask you for information that will be used to identify your prior purchase. If you are unable to identify your original full product purchase, you will not be eligible to purchase an upgrade, and your order will be declined.
It doesn't appear to hurt to try ...
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Thanks, guys: I'll give it a shot.

I'll let you know how it goes.