Skip to main content
Topic: Unable to insert a clef between triplets. (Read 7677 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable to insert a clef between triplets.

In the attached measure, implied triplets have been continuing for a dozen measures or so.  I'm not interested in implying them but the first one starts in the treble clef while the last two are in the bass clef--I am not able to tripletize the notes with a new clef between the first two.  Any suggestions?  A layered staff is available.

TIA
Since 1998

Re: Unable to insert a clef between triplets.

Reply #1
Use a non printing staff for playback and insert a text entry in the visible staff using the NWC2STDA font for the clef.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Maybe like the attachment.
NWC User since 2008

Reply #3
Thanks for the suggestions and I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to this before now.  I wrote the book on eliminating triplets with a hidden key change, putting a dot on non-dotted notes for the hidden/played staff and hidden rests of 1/2 the duration of the previous note on the displayed/muted staff -- however there are some serious shortcomings.  Slurs look like the trajectory of a successful satellite launch and hairpins over a phrase are broken into different sized accents or reversed accent marks.  The hidden rests (with a high offset) were inserted by an instant macro in my text editor while that part of the staff had been cut to the clipboard.

At the moment the cure is worse than the disease.
Since 1998

Reply #4
For the slurs, maybe you should offset the rests downwards insetead of upwards E.G. Pos=-2000
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
there are some serious shortcomings.
Indeed. Staff Size: 26pt, Inside Edge: 0.20, Outside Edge: 0.20
Without any clue as to how you want the printed output to appear, I would just be shooting in the dark except to say that as of NWC 2.1, there is no advantage to extreme Vertical Offsets.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #6
I didn't realize a beam also couldn't enclose a clef.  Sesirine's suggestion went around the world, but it worked--many thanks!  I limited the 6/8 time to that one measure so I didn't have to contend with backwards accent marks or "missile launches".
Since 1998

Reply #7
Fixed in NWC 2.5:
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.5,Single)
|Chord|Dur:8th,Triplet=First|Pos:-4,3|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First
|Clef|Type:Bass
|Chord|Dur:8th,Triplet|Pos:1,4,8|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam
|Chord|Dur:8th,Triplet=End|Pos:1,4,8|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Registered user since 1996