Skip to main content
Topic: Piano Highlight Suggestion (Read 3678 times) previous topic - next topic

Piano Highlight Suggestion

Although I've changed colors through Windows -> Option -> Color, the Piano Highlight Color doesn't change.
I do want to change the Piano Highlight.

(See Attachment)
NWC User since 2008

Re: Piano Highlight Suggestion

Reply #1
You can change the piano highlight and play colour by modifying the entries in piano.ini which is in the NoteWorthy program folder.

Suggest you follow the instructions at the head of the file about creating a new copy in the config files folder.

Rich.

Reply #2
Wow - Thanks! I didn't know how to...
Now I think I gotta know some ini codes or etc... 
NWC User since 2008

Reply #3
If you find the colour you want using the Colour box in NoteWorthy, then note down the numbers in the red, green and blue boxes.
Run up the windows calculator and select programmer mode.

Make sure the Dec button is selected and then enter the first number (red) andthen press the Hex button. This will give you the first two characters of the six character code you need for the ini file.
 Click the Dec button  and then click the C (Cancel) button.  Now repeat the process for the remaining two colours.

So if you had 67, 188 and 95  for your red, green and blue colours, you would now have :

43, BC and 5F  .  These are then the elements for the  6 character code   for that colour in the piano.ini file -ie 43BC5F

HTH

Rich.

Reply #4
To add to Richard's fine advice, if a hex code has only one digit (e.g. 12 = C in hex), the leading zero is required.  This color chart might help.
Since 1998

Reply #5
Hold CTRL and hold left mouse click to select. You can then hold SHIFT and hold left mouse click and drag duplicates of your selection