The numbering of bar line is odd.

The sample is:
<Image Link>

IMO, This must be:
<Image Link>
NWC User since 2008

Re: Sample "moonlite.nwc"

Reply #1
If you press F11, you will see what is going on. I think you are looking in viewer mode.

When this was entered onto NoteWorthy, the exclude from bar count feature wasn't available. This could be used now so that the numbers would match up.
Rich.

Reply #2
Oh my gosh! I remember adding to that piece so many years ago.
Looks like it is up for revision. I wish I had a major piece that I had to work on to get me back into using this new-fangled NWC!
It looks like it has gone leaps and bounds since I last used it.

Reply #3
Oh my gosh too!  I remember entering that piece many many years ago, back before the turn of the century.  Many many features of NWC now were not even imagined back then.  And long before even that early NWC, I'd "entered" it (aka programmed it) using Basic, having to "arrange" it for single voice.  I remember being thrilled when the PC JR came along, and I could reprogram it for upwards of 3 voices at the same time.  :-)

Reply #4
Ah! The heady days. Nice to see you still around, Randy.
And thanks for the gruelling work of entering the "Moonlite" all those years ago.
It really was an important piece to help promote what NWC was capable of.

Reply #5
Way back when, years ago ... my wife and I played this work during our first evening with the NWC demo.  It was one of the main reasons why we decided to get the NoteWorthy license.  The passion in this notation is amazing. 

Two other existing programs we'd tried got set aside, and we went with NoteWorthy -- version 1.55a, back in January 1999.

It's good to see it in this thread and to discover it again in the Samples folder.  It's like seeing an old friend.

Joe

Reply #6
I didn't check "Exclude from Bar Count". I did just erased the bars.
NWC User since 2008

Reply #7
Almost 40 years ago, before I learned to read music or play any instrument, I watched my mother's hands as she played the first movement of Sonata quasi una Fantasia, commonly known as Moonlight Sonata.  I memorized it from her playing it, and it became the first real song I ever played.  Back then, and still today, I flip through the weathered pages of the manuscript (copyright 1894!), and find a second movement that I can fumble through, and lastly a third movement that I will never be able to touch.  I've programmed it on successively better computers and computer programs in homage to those geniuses that can play it (as well as to the genius who wrote it!).  I often got the reaction from those listening to it that I had unfairly used the computer to ramp up the tempo, and that no human could play it that fast.  I then thoroughly enjoyed pulling out my CD of Vladimir Horowitz playing it, at the same tempo!  Anyway, I still have my (even more) weathered copy of the music, and I've always wanted the visible staffs of the sample to match it as closely as possible (as well as the audio staffs to match Horowitz as closely as possible).  I'm not sure how those bars got there (me or Andrew, it doesn't matter), but they're not in my manuscript, so to make a long story short (too late, I know), you're quite welcome to simply remove them.  :-)

Reply #8
I'm not sure how those bars got there (me or Andrew, it doesn't matter), but they're not in my manuscript, so to make a long story short (too late, I know), you're quite welcome to simply remove them.  :-)

Let me make it perfectly clear. (I really should have been clearer in my opening paragraph).
Randy put all the bars there (after Ludwig scratched them onto paper over a hundred years earlier).
The only thing I did was add some interpretation in tempo and dynamics, (maybe introducing some of the grace note notation). Rather than Horowitz, I modelled after Claudio Arrau.

Reply #9
Did not mean to offend, Andrew! Let me say that upon further thought, it now seems more possible that I added the hidden bars, while adding hidden rests to get the treble and bass clefs of that cadenza to stay in sync.  I hadn't heard of Claudio - just looked him up - would like to hear his playing of it someday!  Edit:  I think now that most of the "changes" you made to the hidden audio staffs can perhaps be attributed more to running one or more of NWC's audits on it, and less to manual changes you made?  Again, it really doesn't matter to me - sorry to have made that comment at all!

Reply #10
Not offended, Randy. I just wanted to be clear that's all. Credit where it is due and all that.
The info in the file says "Note entry by Randy Williams on 03 January 1998.
Performance enhanced by Andrew Purdam June 2001."
I think the "performance enhancements" I did were mainly dymanics, but it was a long time ago.
Obviously before we had hairpins, but I'd need to look at my score to see how much closer we could get these days.

Cheers.
Listening to this on my AWE64-bereft machine makes me think I really should get a better midi device on this computer.