Skip to main content
Topic: Is the Accent volume adjustable somewhere? (Read 4483 times) previous topic - next topic

Is the Accent volume adjustable somewhere?

Im trying to put an accent on the 2 and 4th beats. I select the note, then click on the accent icon and it puts a > under the note. When I  play it back i can hear any difference in that note.   I adjusted the staff volume down from 127 to 90, then I could hear it. I guess if the staff volume is on maximum 127 then the accent has no room to increase the volume for the note but Im just guessing. In any case even by adjusting the track volume, the accent is barely noticeable. Im wondering if the Accent amount is adjustable somewhere?? Much appreciated. Thanks.

Gary

Re: Is the Accent volume adjustable somewhere?

Reply #1
If you try
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble
|Instrument|Name:"Church Organ"|Patch:19|Trans:0|DynVel:10,30,45,60,75,92,108,127|Pos:10
|Dynamic|Style:mf|Pos:-8
|Note|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:0
|Note|Dur:4th,Slur,Accent|Pos:0
|Note|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:0
|Note|Dur:4th,Slur,Accent|Pos:0
|Rest|Dur:4th
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
then you'll hear the accents quite clearly.

But if you set the dynamic to ff then, as you say, there's no room for the accent.

Reply #2
thank you peter. What is the text that you posted?  Is that from some kind of midi editor?  Ive never seen that before?  Do you just edit the NWC file in that text editor?  Id like to know more about that please. Appreciated thanks. Gary

Reply #3
G'day Gary,
what Peter posted is called "clip text".  If you copy it to the clipboard and then paste it into NWC (either select |Edit|Paste as new file| or select a staff, position the cursor and press <Ctrl+V>)

To go the other way, select the objects you want to present as a "clip", press <Ctrl+C> to copy it to the clipboard and then paste it into a text editor of some kind and you will see the kind of text that Peter posted.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
nice thanks.

Reply #5
An mpc is used to create an accent in this.nwc.  Take a look around measure 69 & 70.
Since 1998

Reply #6
Im wondering if the Accent amount is adjustable somewhere??
It is not. NoteWorthy multiplies the note velocity by 1.4 and limits the result to 127.
For split chords, the velocity of any notes in the secondary voice is unchanged.
This clip:
|Instrument|Name:"Flute"|Patch:73|Trans:0|DynVel:10,30,45,60,75,92,108,127|Pos:7
|Dynamic|Style:mp|Pos:-6
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:1
|Note|Dur:4th,Accent|Pos:1
|RestChord|Dur:4th|Opts:Stem=Down,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:4th,Accent|Pos2:1
|Chord|Dur:4th,Accent|Pos:-1,1
|Chord|Dur:4th,Accent|Pos:-1|Opts:Stem=Down,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:4th|Pos2:1
|Chord|Dur:4th,Accent|Pos:1|Opts:Stem=Up,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:4th|Pos2:-1
Produces these velocities:
0:0:0 On ch=1 n=c6 v=60
0:1:0 On ch=1 n=c6 v=84
0:2:0 On ch=1 n=c6 v=84
0:3:0 On ch=1 n=a5 v=84
0:3:0 On ch=1 n=c6 v=84
1:0:0 On ch=1 n=a5 v=84
1:0:0 On ch=1 n=c6 v=60
1:1:0 On ch=1 n=a5 v=60
1:1:0 On ch=1 n=c6 v=84
Registered user since 1996

Reply #7
For split chords, the velocity of any notes in the secondary voice is unchanged.

Hi Rick,

I've been characterizing which duration attributes are valid when, and you've just confirmed for me why I can't get an Accent (or a Tenuto or a Staccato) on the "Dur2" half of a chord.  Interestingly, you can get these attributes on a rest, and on the "Dur" half of a restchord!  Not sure why these are allowed, as they obviously do not change playback, nor are they displayed.  But NWC2 maintains them anyway.

I wish NWC2 would support Accent/Tenuto/Staccato for "Dur2" of a chord, for playback and for display (like it does for "Dur2" of a restchord).  Perhaps it could limit playback support to when Dur = Dur2, for simplicity, even as it fully implemented them for display.

One other oddity: the Slur attribute cannot be applied to the "Dur2" of a chord.  Any idea if this means only the primary notes are slurred?

Randy

Reply #8
the Slur attribute cannot be applied to the "Dur2" of a chord.  Any idea if this means only the primary notes are slurred?
True. Yes. No. This clip may help you form your own ideas:
|TimeSig|Signature:3/4
|Chord|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:-1,1|Opts:Stem=Down
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-1,1|Opts:Stem=Down
|Rest|Dur:4th|Opts:Stem=Down
|Bar
|Chord|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:1|Opts:Stem=Up|Dur2:4th|Pos2:-1
|Chord|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:1|Opts:Stem=Up|Dur2:4th|Pos2:-1
|Bar
|PerformanceStyle|Style:Tenuto|Pos:10
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:1|Opts:Stem=Up|Dur2:4th|Pos2:-1
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:1|Opts:Stem=Up|Dur2:4th|Pos2:-1
What support for split chords that exists is a legacy from the time before layering. Wish all you want, but I don't expect accurate playback of two voices on one staff will ever be implemented.
Registered user since 1996