Skip to main content
Topic: Localization of NoteWorthy Composer (Read 3442 times) previous topic - next topic

Localization of NoteWorthy Composer

Dear Eric and others, big thanks for the program. I'm interested if there is any plan to make NWC localized versions. I think, my friends and I could help translating NWC into Russian language.

Re: Localization of NoteWorthy Composer

Reply #1
Timothy, I fear that it's not planned yet --unless Eric wants to do all versions himself :-)
I'm still volunteer for French (and maybe german) versions.
Already done it, but in a non-reiterable way, on an earlier version.

MAD

Reply #2
I would, of course, love to have a Swedish version of NWC. But the English version works fine - I hope you're aware that you can e.g. add lyrics to your music in any language you want: I use Swedish and RUSSIAN, and it works just fine.

Living in a small country in Sweden, you cannot expect all software to be in your own langauge, you simple have to learn basic commands etc. in English. Isn't that true also for PC users in bigger coutries like Germany, France or Russia?

Paul

Reply #3
Thanks to all of you for your response. Of course the situation is much alike that all of us should use English software. But my friends would use NWC better if it's in our native language. By the way, since NWC 1.50 we could use RUSSIAN lyrics very well in our music sheets. We're very glad we bought NWC. Big thanks go to Eric.

Reply #4
Timothy's right, I translated NWC for my wife who doesn't speak english at all. It'd be great to have it in many languages, but who'd do the support ?

MAD

Reply #5
I was astounded to see that I could do hebrew lyrics !
Hebrew (and arabic) is written right to left so there
is a problem putting it in scores. The solutin is to break up the words into sylables, each sylable is written left to right and the sylables are placed under the notes just as in english.

Once I out the PC into "left to right mode" (left alt shift) I got a hebrew font, I wrote left to right - and in the lyrics it came out ok. I had to manually set a hebrew font to see it on the screen (as opposed to the lyrics page).