Skip to main content
Topic: Audigy 2 and sound fonts (Read 10530 times) previous topic - next topic

Audigy 2 and sound fonts

I just upgraded(?) my soundblasterlive card with an Audigy 2. I can't figure out how to manage sound fonts with the new card. Any help?

Thanks,
Carl
Carl Bangs
Fenwick Parva Press
Registered user since 1995

Re: Audigy 2 and sound fonts

Reply #1
G'day Carl,
the Audigy should have come with a SoundFont Bank Manager which installs as part of the software suite.  Given the Audigy II is fairly old I assume it's a second hand card.  Did you get the CDs with it?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Carl,

You don't state exactly what the card is BUT if it's Audigy 2 ZS for notebooks, then I'm afraid that it doesn't support soundfonts.

I am still awaiting a replacement for my previous PCMCIA audigy which ran perfectly in XP and supported sound fonts. But the express card Audigy ZS goes nowhere near the value and use of the older card. But I dare say that Soundblaster would blame the Express card format together with the changes for Vista.

Oops - got confused with the X-Fi which doesn't support sound fonts. Sorry
Rich.

Reply #3
G'day Richard

The X-Fi Gamer will support soundfonts (I run one).
The X-Fi Audio wont - that makes a lot of sense doesn't it!

Barry Graham

Reply #4
I didn't get the installation discs. I still have them for Soiundblaster Live.

Carl
Carl Bangs
Fenwick Parva Press

Reply #5
G'day Barry

It's such a shame that they don't make a gamer for a Notebook/Laptop.  Therein lies my problem.
(Unless you are saying that there is a gamer for a laptop - I would be exceedingly pleased if that is the case.)

Thanks for the clarification.
Rich.

Reply #7
Thank you everybody  for your help.  It is now working properly. If anyone wants good bell sounds, carillondugand.sf2
is made from the carillon in Ghent, Belgium.

Carl
Carl Bangs
Fenwick Parva Press