Skip to main content
Topic: NWC2 User Tool Starter Kit 1.5 (Beta 3) (Read 29259 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC2 User Tool Starter Kit 1.5 (Beta 3)

WARNING: This beta has been replaced by NoteWorthy Composer 2.1 Release Candidate.

System Requirements: Windows XP SP2 or later (Windows 2000, Me, 98, and 95 are not supported)

Prerequisites: You must install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) prior to using this version of the starter kit. The installer checks for this and will warn you if it is not installed.

What's New: This new version includes
  • a note names tool
  • a new NWC2PlayContext object that can be used to simulate NWC2 performance and play back
  • a custom edition of PHP 5.3

Version 1.50 Beta 3 is attached.

Re: NWC2 User Tool Starter Kit 1.5 (Beta 2)

Reply #1
I just some initial, very brief testing and so far so good - the error in the last version seems to be rectified.

One thing I've noticed - in the copyright info in the install it refers to PHP v 3 and not v 5 - is this an oversight or have I missed something?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
The PHP License has its own version, which is version 3.01.

Reply #3
Ahh, thanks Eric.  You'll note how carefully I read it...  ;)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
I purchased a computer today, and I had to install User Tools.
If I arpeggiate some chords, there always says "Command process failed".
What an I wrong??
NWC User since 2008

Reply #5
Are you using this version of the starter kit? If so, did you install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package?

Reply #6
The Beta 3 installer will include a check to make sure that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is installed. If it is not installed, an information page and link will be provided. Should be available later today.

Re: NWC2 User Tool Starter Kit 1.5 (Beta 3)

Reply #7
This topic has now been converted to the Beta 3 release. The new Beta 3 installer is included at the top of this topic.

Changes include:

• The installer checks for the existence of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package, and provides an additional information page if it is not found on the system.
  • The library has enhancements in the NWC2NotePitchPos and NWC2PlayContext objects for deriving a note's scientific octave, as well as its MIDI note number.