|Rest|Dur:Whole
|Ending|Endings:1|Visibility:Always
|Bar
|Ending|Endings:1
|Bar
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
The second barline is misaligned. It happens when the effective visibilities of the Special Endings differ and there are no non-grace notes/rests between the Special Ending and the next bar.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Special Ending bug

Reply #1
Very true, and a bug, but doesn't the special ending normally come immediately after the bar-line? The problem then disappears.

Re: Special Ending bug (causes barline misalignment)

Reply #2
doesn't the special ending normally come immediately after the bar-line?
Yes, and in most situations where it does not, it is hidden.

The problem that arises is when the top staff has: |Ending|Endings:?|Visibility:Never
and the other staves have: |Ending|Endings:?|Visibility:Default

Everything looks fine, but if you make some other staff the top staff, misalignment occurs.
The cause is not obvious. When this happened to me, I first looked at all the notes and rests. Only after a time consumng process of elimination did I discover that the Special Ending was the culprit.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
This looks to me to be an artifact from changes made to invisible items several beta's back.  I don't recall the exact reason for the change but I think it was to do with stopping hidden items taking up horizontal space...

This created problems for me in some scores as I had relied on the prior behaviour...  E.G. I used to occasionally attach text chords to hidden rests in a tempo/lyrics staff.  Now I must move the (visible) rests off the page...

I think I won't see your reply for a week as I'm going interstate and may not have easy access to the net - "see" ya when I get back...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
I used to occasionally attach text chords to hidden rests in a tempo/lyrics staff.  Now I must move the (visible) rests off the page

No, just copy the contents of your tempo/lyrics staff, mute it, hide all the bars that don't have chords and anchor your text chords to real notes in bars that are not hidden. Hide any rests or notes you don't need, and change the properties of the notes you're anchoring with to headless, stem length zero.  No worries about moving rests sufficiently "outta sight" this way.

Bon voyage, compadre!

Reply #5
G'day Mate,
got a few minutes online afterall...
No, just copy the contents of your tempo/lyrics staff, mute it, hide all the bars that don't have chords and anchor your text chords to real notes in bars that are not hidden. Hide any rests or notes you don't need, and change the properties of the notes you're anchoring with to headless, stem length zero.  No worries about moving rests sufficiently "outta sight" this way.

I actually find my method easier - hide everything on the lyrics staff before entering lyrics, chords etc., then use the first global_mod command:
Rest Visibility=
then enter the extra stuff (chords, lyrics etc), then the second global mod command:
Rest Opts.VertOffset=2000

No messing about finding notes to make headless etc..

Bon voyage, compadre!

Thanks mate!  I'm on the Queensland Gold Coast at a conference - somebody's gotta do it I suppose :)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.