Skip to main content
Topic: Hummel Mass in D Major (Read 7144 times) previous topic - next topic

Hummel Mass in D Major

Hello,
Anyone out there know of NWC files or midi files of the movements of this Mass, please?  I can't find nwc or midi on the www, except for a midi which has all the voices on one stave.  I need it for making practice cds for our choir who are performing it next year.  Any help would be very much appreciated.
[glow=red,2,300]Thanks[/glow].

Re: Hummel Mass in D Major

Reply #1
If you already have a midi with all the parts on one stave, you could just use the "Parts" user tool to separate that staff out (copy the staff on to the number of staves that you need, then run the user tool on each staff until only the required part remains)

Reply #3
Perhaps this:
http://www.kunstderfuge.com/hummel.htm

Good tip, Tony. Previously, I googled: hummel+missa+mid, but didn't consider: hummel+missa+zip
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Kunstderfugue  requires a 15 Euro fee to download. My link was free!
Tony

Reply #5
Kunstderfugue  requires a 15 Euro fee to download. My link was free!
Strange. I opened it (hummel_missa_3_(c)hoessl.mid) into my media player and listened to part of it. YMMV
As I read the site, downloading zipped collections of MIDI's are by subscription. Individual MIDI downloads are free.

Edit: clarified "it".
Registered user since 1996

Reply #6
I am not quite sure of my ground here. A download started but stopped at 25% and I can get no further even if I retry.
Tony

Reply #7
If you already have a midi with all the parts on one stave, you could just use the "Parts" user tool to separate that staff out (copy the staff on to the number of staves that you need, then run the user tool on each staff until only the required part remains)

Many thanks for your advice.  I've never used the "parts" user tool, but will have a go today.  Sorry for the delay in replying.
Happy New Year!

Reply #9
Perhaps this:
http://www.kunstderfuge.com/hummel.htm

Good tip, Tony. Previously, I googled: hummel+missa+mid, but didn't consider: hummel+missa+zip

Many thanks, Rick,

This was the file I found with all the voice parts on two staves.  I'm going to try the "parts" tool as suggested.  Thanks to everyone for thier advice, this is a great community!!

Mike.

Reply #10
Hello again, all,

I've tried the "parts" user tool.  It's great!  I never cease to marvel at what NWC can do!  The only problem with this tool can be if one of the lower voice parts goes above a higher part as sometimes happens, eg alto going above soprano, but apart from that, a very useful tool.
I've now been lucky enough to be given the midi files with the voices on separate staves, so I'll try to upload them onto the scriptorium - never tried that before, either!  Another thing I discovered which I didn't think was possible - the midi files somehow had the words built into the file, so that when I opened them in NWC, the words were there!  Amazing!  Does anyone know how words can be put into midi files?
Best regards,
Mike.