Skip to main content
Topic: Spacing on Special Endings (Read 4982 times) previous topic - next topic

Spacing on Special Endings

I've searched the forum and have found similar problems, but not this one.  In the attached NWC2 file, please look at measure 64.  I have unlayered staves 1 and 2 to show the spacing difference.  Obviously, layering causes a double tune sig.

I cannot find what is causing the spacing problem at Special Ending 2.

Any ideas?? 

Thanks!  (The forums [fori?] are great!)
Doug

Re: Spacing on Special Endings

Reply #1
There is an inherent spacing issue with special endings in NWC2. We will give it a closer look.

Reply #2
In the meantime, there's an easy kludge. The problem relates to the difference in spacing between the visible and invisible forms of the special ending. So changing the visibility of the second ending on the lower layered staff from "default" (which is "never" in this case) to "always" will solve the problem of the doubled time sig. The two special endings will then lie on top of each other, and the doubling will be invisible. (Alternatively, you can make the time sig on the lower layered staff invisible. Same result.)

Bill

Reply #3
Here's a hack for you until this gets fixed.
A dummy top staff with no signature items.

It is best to avoid Whole Measure Rests on this staff. Ordinarily, I would set the Vertical offset of the hidden rests to 2000, but I show them here for demonstration purposes.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Thanks for your answers and advice.  I was going nuts trying to figure out what I had done wrong.

I'll follow your suggestions and "clean up" my copy before printing.

Thanks again, keep up the good forum work, and have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Doug

Reply #5
Rick's fix is probably better than mine, because all time sigs that show in the printout will line up vertically in his version.

Reply #6
Just wondering... has there been any progress on this problem that I may have missed whilst perusing the forum??

Thanks!