Skip to main content
Topic: A round of thanks (Read 2754 times) previous topic - next topic

A round of thanks

Just wanted to thank everyone who has contributed tools, ideas, and solutions on this forum, especially Rick G.

More recently I started to create a transcription of Clair de Lune for violin and piano and created a new staff on Richard Woodriffe's piano version of it.  After copying the the right hand staff to it, I used Andrew Purdam's Parts Tool to remove all but the top note and checked my printed score to see if everything was correct.  Very little needed to be fixed and my transcription was nearly done after only a few minutes instead of weeks when I could find the time.  Many thanks to Richard and Andrew for the score and the tools which have benefited so many over the years.
Since 1998

Re: A round of thanks

Reply #1
You're welcome. And thanks for the feedback. Eventually, we may have enough tools to take a complex piece like Clair de Lune and play "what if" with it, much like a manager uses a spreadsheet on a business plan. Who knows what may result.
Registered user since 1996

Re: A round of thanks

Reply #2
Ditto Rick's comment - You're welcome.
Glad it is being used.  That's also the idea of having the Scriptorium.  A NoteWorthy resource for us all to use.

Rich.