Skip to main content
Topic: Forum Changes (Read 4234 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum Changes

It would be helpful if a "sticky" could be added to the top of every board that outlines who has access to it and what is topical for that board. As it is, I'm not sure, e.g., if it is appropriate to attach a(n) NWC2 file to the General Discussion board.

Perhaps a board is needed to discuss changes, problems and tips relating to the Forum itself. This topic seems "off topic" for this board.

I have long thought that a board is needed for User Fonts that would allow *.ttf and *.ttc attachments. That way, users could open an attached *.nwc file and open an attached font without having to save or permanently install the font. Currently the forum is not friendly to those wishing feedback on experimental fonts.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Forum Changes

Reply #1
I don't really want to proliferate the number of boards too much more than already exists. We don't currently have any plans to allow uploading font files within the forum. For this reason, I am not sure that a board dedicated to this topic would make sense.

The dedicated NWC2 discussion might very well be merged into this general discussion board, in order to reduce the forum complexity.

Reply #2
Since you mention fonts, I should point out that a valuable starter set of fonts for NWC2 can be installed from our site using this link:

Lawrie Pardy's Font Pack for NoteWorthy Composer
http://ntworthy.com/uc/pardypack/

Lawrie's fonts also appear on the NWC2 CD (for those that buy it), and they will soon be featured in the dedicated NWC2 online access area.

Reply #3
I see that now the *Dings fonts are officially endorsed.  :-)  I do agree, though, that they have become vital for normal NWC usage, how about also inluding BoxMarks on the CD? 
To the previous subject, may I be the first one to say congratulations on this to Lawrie!

Reply #4
G'day Kahman,
I see that now the *Dings fonts are officially endorsed.  :-)  I do agree, though, that they have become vital for normal NWC usage, how about also inluding BoxMarks on the CD? 
To the previous subject, may I be the first one to say congratulations on this to Lawrie!

Thanks for the compliment mate.  I must say I'm quite chuffed with Eric's endorsement...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
As a long time user of the dings fonts I heartily agree that they are indispensable. Congratulations my friend on the recognition you so richly deserve.

Regards
Keith
Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Reply #6
G'day Keith,
thank you for your kind words.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.