Skip to main content
Topic: Upgrading to Version 2 (Read 4307 times) previous topic - next topic

Upgrading to Version 2

Hi folks,

I have both v.1.75 and v.2 beta installed on my machine.  I've searched the site (FAQ, upgrade area, etc.), and the only reference to the need to remove previous versions is that it's not necessary.  Now, of course, I want to end up with just the one installation on my PC, so should I remove the v.2 beta or the older version that I haven't used in ages?  They're in directories called "NoteWorthy Composer" and "NoteWorthy Composer 2" if that's relevant at all.

Generally, I'm led to believe that one should uninstall beta versions before installinga final release, but is that the case with NWC2?

I'm using the "nwc2_nwc175cd" setup file, if that's relevant.

Thanks.

Re: Upgrading to Version 2

Reply #1
No need to remove the old beta - I did the install over my existing one without problem.  This is good as I would have hated to have to set up my tool bars and user tools 'n stuff again.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Installing the full version of NWC2 will not alter your NWC1 installation. If your NWC2 beta edition was installed in the last several years, it will simply be replaced by the full version during its install.

If you want to start with a completely clean slate, and you have a good backup of any files that you created, there is no real harm in uninstalling the old versions prior to installing the latest releases.

Reply #3
I don't see the difference between NWC2 Beta and the official Released NWC2, what's the difference or just nothing?

Reply #4
Thanks for the advice so far, folks.  I do want to uninstall one of them before I do the upgrade, so I guess that'll be the one I haven't used for yonks, 1.75.  No sense having two full versions on there now.  :)

Reply #5
I don't see the difference between NWC2 Beta and the official Released NWC2, what's the difference or just nothing?

Hi, Kristopher -

As Eric (the developer) pointed out on another post, there were some minor changes made right before release, but remember, NWC has been in development for a long, long time.  So there wouldn't actually be much in the way of changes between the final beta and the released version, would there.

That being said, you really need to install the released version, so your system is recognized as such for future patches and upgrades.
John

Reply #6
Should the NWC Viewer be removed since there should be no reason to identify which version to use when a .NWC file is selected?
Since 1998

Reply #7
You can remove the latest NWC Viewer, or NWC1, if you do not want to ever open files into NWC1 again. It is a little tricky, though, so you might need to be prepared to re-establish NWC file associations, depending on which version of each you are uninstalling.

Reply #8
Hey Mad Man -
Like your moniker. One of my favorite genesis tunes - thought I was the only one who liked it.

Reply #9
Hey Mad Man -
Like your moniker. One of my favorite genesis tunes - thought I was the only one who liked it.
:)  It's one of those pieces that has it all rhythmically, melodically and harmonically, innit.