Skip to main content
Topic: NWC2 Viewer - suggested enhancement (Read 2849 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC2 Viewer - suggested enhancement

Hi

While I'm on the subject of NWC2 Viewer, any way we can get the following functionality on the wish list for the viewer, please?

1. a PAUSE button on the viewer.  Users tell me that it's a bit of a schlep when they're trying to rehearse a part and press stop only to have to start from the beginning again.. 

2. A way to start from a specified location in a file - if there are 400 bars and you want to rehearse say from bar 320, at present you have to play it all the way through to 320..

Thanks all

Cliff

Re: NWC2 Viewer - suggested enhancement

Reply #1
Agreed. The ability to, e.g.: 'Goto 8 and Loop 4' would be even better.

I would add that the colors for Highlight 1 - 7 and Printer Default should be stored in the song file and observed by the viewer.

A mute list would also be a welcome addition. A simple way to do this would be to have a 'Mute Channel' popup with check boxes for 1 - 16. A bit more sophisticated would be to list only the channels used in the file, in the order used. Best IMO, would be to be able to define a 'MIDI channel label' in NWC2 and have the viewer  display it with a mute checkbox.

In many cases the viewer is a better practice/rehearsal environment than NWC2. These enhancments would be of value to registered users. I note that most of the requests for Viewer enhancements come from registered users.

The lack of color support prevents me from distributing song files to my consumers. I am forced to email much larger tiff files instead.
Registered user since 1996

Re: NWC2 Viewer - suggested enhancement

Reply #2
A way to start or restart the viewer at a specific point would be great. I've wished (silently) for this for 2 years or more.