Skip to main content
Topic: Tuplets (Read 6594 times) previous topic - next topic

Tuplets

How can I introduce multi-tuplets, kind of triplet but more than 3 notes ? Excuse me for my English, I'm French and try to be understand. Thanks

Re: Tuplets

Reply #1
This must be done behind the scenes, using hidden time signatures and tempo changes. Basically, you will need to temporarily increase the time signature to make room for the extra notes in the measure; change the tempo before and after the "multi-tuplet" so that playback speeds up for the tuplet and then slows down again immediately after; and use a text entry to indicate the number of notes in the "multi-tuplet." The tempo change can be calculated from the number of notes you are adding; e.g., for five in the place of four, the temporary tempo needs to be 5/4 of the "normal" tempo. I've attached an example.

Hope this helps....

Bill

Reply #2
This linked tip is on Notating Pentuplets, but it has links to other types of tuplets.
Hope this helps.  Welcome aboard!
Since 1998

Working your way around

Reply #3
Hello everyone,
I have used NWC as a non registered user for years, shame on me... But I am fully legit now... :-) I have found past postings about finding ways around problems interesting and helpful, and I thought I was an expert... not so true... so thanks everyone for all contributions.

Still, some solutions - like for example hiding the "3" from tuplets seem so laborious that I ask myself: is the program working for me or am I serving it? No offense to anybody, but is it not too much to ask the program developers to upgrade the program and create a "hid "3" from tuplets tab or command? or "convert notes to pentuplets"? Or "shrink" multiple rest bars and add numer of bars on it?

Reply #4
Have you upgraded to Version 2.5? Multi Measure Rests (MMRs) were added to that release. I'm not sure about hiding the "3" in triplets, but I thought there was now a way to do that. I know pentuplets is still not supported directly, but there are workarounds.

Reply #5
Tuplets are still on the wish list...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #6
Hi Fluff,

I have just downladed  the 2.5, and yes I realized the multiple rests were and option at last. Thanks!
As for the hide "3" etc., I guess slavery is still the only choice :-).
All the best

Reply #7
As for the hide "3" etc., I guess slavery is still the only choice :-).
Not any more.  Try Triplets.htm and this related message.  You still have to add the 3 above the first few middle notes and the simile if you need to.
Since 1998