Skip to main content
Topic: How do you do fp<f on a long note? (Read 3012 times) previous topic - next topic

How do you do fp<f on a long note?

In my jazz band, there are a lot of instances where the instruments start a whole note with forte, then quiet down to piano and then crescendo up to forte. How do you do this in noteworthy?

Re: How do you do fp<f on a long note?

Reply #1
You can use multi-point controllers.  In the attached file, select each mpc (will appear in grey) and do a cntl/E on it.  Note the dynamic goes down in the first ones and back up in the last one.  Also note the offset, (8th notes in this case) goes from 0 to 4 to 8 to 12 so they kick in right after each other.

HTH
Since 1998

Reply #2
Look at Voltest.nwc in your samples folder.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Look at Voltest.nwc in your samples folder.
I have done so, but it only contains a dimenuendo. This was an earlier thread on the subject in the NWC2 group.
Since 1998

Reply #4
I suggest using expression instead of volume so you can modify the instrument (track) volume at wish without to have to change all the dinamic effects along the score.
(I think this is exactly why there are two distinct MPCs: volume and expression.)

Furthermore you're not restricted to do just a single effect via MPC.
It's very easy to create the whole decrescendo-rinforzando effect with the 4 distinct settings of a single MPC command that NWC allows.
I do it often in the pop/jazz scores.

Maurizio